< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who is the NFOA President's Ghost Writer ???  (Read 1623 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Who is the NFOA President's Ghost Writer ???
« on: September 16, 2015, 07:07:56 AM »
 :P :P :P

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Who is the NFOA President's Ghost Writer ???
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 08:24:24 AM »
The article has a byline.   A member in attendance was kind enough to offer his writing experience so I asked if he would write about the meeting.  I appreciate Joseph offering to write the article. We may use different terms, but I would say he wrote a very nice article.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:31:02 AM by RLMoeller »

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 08:40:27 AM »
Yes, the article was well-written and thanks to "Joseph" for his contribution.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 12:27:30 PM »
Yes, the article was well-written and thanks to "Joseph" for his contribution.

Apparently, when I ran the Steel Challenge stage, SeanN took all the credit.  :(
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »

Apparently, when I ran the Steel Challenge stage, SeanN took all the credit.  :(

He's like that.  You gotta watch him. :D

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 09:50:05 PM »
I know the point you are making there with the clips.  However, prior to about the 50's, the "official" U.S. Military term for any detachable magazine was "clip" in most parlance.  The place they stowed those big honkin' loads of powder for the big guns on a battleship was a magazine.
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 12:17:43 PM »
However, prior to about the 50's, the "official" U.S. Military term for any detachable magazine was "clip" in most parlance. 

Reference?  The M1 Garand which was still the primary service rifle in the early '50s was "clip" fed.  The 1911 held magazines as did the Thompson which held both the box and drum magazines ... and yes ships' "magazines" contained the powder stores and shells ....

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 05:24:15 AM »
So... IIRC, NFOA president Rod, task all those who attended the Annual Members Meeting with writing a short story on how bad gun laws affect you and send to either the BoD or straight to your Senator.  We also asked for volunteers to write article(s) for the monthly newsletter.
How many of you have actually put pen to paper for either task?
This individual actually did so, and submitted it to the BoD and in turn was 'printed'. 
Yet here is a perfect example of why we lose so many new members from this page.  Too many times a newbie is attacked for trivial things such as Magazine/clips.  (Anyone that has spent any time with Old School vets have heard 'clips' so many times, it's engraved onto the brain. Follow me this weekend to a PGR event and YOU tell em their wrong. )
All I ask is Remember, there was a time when YOU weren't perfect and didn't Know Everything!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 07:31:30 AM »
Man, I didn't even make it into the video that the NFOA posted on Facebook, either. 

Didn't run the Steel Challenge stage in the article, didn't exist in the video listing the speakers, the classes, and the events.  [sigh]

Joe mentioned me for the talk, at least!

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 08:27:45 AM »
So... IIRC, NFOA president Rod, task all those who attended the Annual Members Meeting with writing a short story on how bad gun laws affect you and send to either the BoD or straight to your Senator.  We also asked for volunteers to write article(s) for the monthly newsletter.
How many of you have actually put pen to paper for either task?
This individual actually did so, and submitted it to the BoD and in turn was 'printed'. 
Yet here is a perfect example of why we lose so many new members from this page.  Too many times a newbie is attacked for trivial things such as Magazine/clips.  (Anyone that has spent any time with Old School vets have heard 'clips' so many times, it's engraved onto the brain. Follow me this weekend to a PGR event and YOU tell em their wrong. )
All I ask is Remember, there was a time when YOU weren't perfect and didn't Know Everything!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I was thinking too...

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 09:54:16 AM »
Man, I didn't even make it into the video that the NFOA posted on Facebook, either. 

Didn't run the Steel Challenge stage in the article, didn't exist in the video listing the speakers, the classes, and the events.  [sigh]

You expected to be in a video that I produced?  :D

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »
You expected to be in a video that I produced?  :D

Heh.  :)  (Okay, that actually made me laugh out loud.)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 12:43:13 PM »
Heh.  :)  (Okay, that actually made me laugh out loud.)

Glad to hear it.  That was my intent ... well, at least to be funny.

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 09:12:52 PM »

:)  And I am all over in the video.  Although only from the back. That has to tell you something.

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 06:08:41 AM »

One of the things I learned relatively quickly when I moved to Nebraska from the South 15 years ago is a general lack of a sense of humor  ... and the ability to be "ribbed" .... cultural ?  who knows, but I will likely continue to "offend" most of the thin skinned ....  DanW, if possible please lock and/or delete this thread.  My apologies to those who feel offended ....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:41:23 AM by bullit »