< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Action Needed: State Wide Preemption - LB289  (Read 16021 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Action Needed: State Wide Preemption - LB289
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 07:26:45 AM »
A group I belong to invited Sen Haar to several meetings in the summer of 2013 to share views on bill we wanted to introduce in the Legislature, it may or may not shock some of you how little some Senators actually know about the legislation they're passing, I know I was.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2015, 09:04:46 PM »
i finally remembered to send Sen Morfeld an email.  i think he is in favor of it, but will report back after i hear from him.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline tackle8

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 05:05:27 PM »
I sent an email to Sen. Kolterman in Dist. 24, and will report back any reply that I get.

Offline TroyR

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »
I am disappointed by the response from Kolowski.  Anyone else in District 31, please send him a note or call him.  I'm surprised and disappointed when a former marine and someone who claims to support 2A, comes back with a response like this.  I even gave a real example of driving from SW Omaha to a farm north of Tekamah this weekend to visit a friend and do some shooting, means I was probably a criminal passing through various Nebraska small towns.

His response:
Dear Mr. Rader:

Thank you for your email on LB 289.  I apologize for not responding earlier but Senator Kolowski was out of town last week.  I talked to him about your email and he remains undecided on LB 289.  He has taken the concealed carry course, and as a former marine he understand the importance of guns and is a supporter of the second amendment.  However he generally supports local control and the ability of municipalities and local elected officials to make decisions that are best for their localities.  However, you obviously have a real concern when you are legally carrying a concealed weapon and then the status changes because of local rules you may not even be aware of. 

He has not made up his mind yet on how he will vote on LB 289 when it comes up for debate next year.  Emails from constituents like yourself are helpful to him in deciding on this issue. 

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Tom Green
Legislative Aide for Senator Kolowski

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2015, 02:01:14 PM »
Got my reply from Morfeld.

Hi RobertH,

Thanks for getting in touch. I remain in support of LB 289, and unless there is some drastic amendment or change in the purpose of the legislation, I will remain in support.

Stay in touch!

Adam
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2015, 03:48:49 PM »
Do we have a count of the For/Against on this bill?
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2015, 08:48:21 PM »
I sent an email to my Senator, Brett Lindstrom in District 18 earlier today. I was out of state the entire month of October and just returned on Saturday afternoon. I will post his response here when I receive it.
WØCHF

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2015, 10:15:50 AM »
As expected...

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts on LB289. As a member of the Judiciary Committee, I voted against advancing this bill and will continue to oppose it if it is discussed on the legislative floor. I understand your concern about inconsistent gun laws, however I feel that municipalities should have the right to create reasonable restrictions on guns that they feel can protect the safety of their citizens.

Best wishes,

Patty

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2015, 10:35:26 AM »
Thanks for posting her response Fly.   I wonder how she believes municipalities have been granted the authority to create those restrictions? 

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2015, 11:40:11 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder what it would take to run for office...it appears as though just by interacting with people I'm already more connected with what they would prefer to have happen.

Also, Matt Hansen has failed to respond to my followup email, I think I hurt his feelings...must sting a bit when what you think is best is proven wrong by a constituent.

It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2015, 06:04:34 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder what it would take to run for office...it appears as though just by interacting with people I'm already more connected with what they would prefer to have happen.

There are a lot of liberal nitwits in Lincoln and those they (or I should say we) elect to represent us reflect that.  I'd like to see arrogant traitors like Passing-gas get replaced by patriots, and it is worth working for, but when a patriot ran against Beutler he lost.  I'd like to keep trying though.  So by all means patriots should be looking into it, and we should be helping them.  As I understand it voter turnout is typically very low, so if we can get enough loyal Americans motivated to get off their rear ends and vote maybe we can have an effect even if the liberal cattle herd is big.  The biggest question we have to answer is probably how do we get patriots out to vote in bigger numbers.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2015, 06:27:22 PM »
 Andy's  loss was minimal at best if I remember correctly I believe he only actually lost by about 5%. He has not given up I do know that he said he was looking forward to the next campaign so we have a little bit of hope.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2015, 06:42:09 PM »
Andy's  loss was minimal at best if I remember correctly I believe he only actually lost by about 5%. He has not given up I do know that he said he was looking forward to the next campaign so we have a little bit of hope.
Wow, we came that close...  There is hope.  And that hope applies to the legislature as well.  We need to be finding ways to get patriots motivated.  One thing that always annoys me: I hear people say that they will fight to the death before being disarmed, but those same people won't even get off their ass and get out and vote.  We should find ways to motivate them.  You'd think we could find some way to increase the patriot turnout by 6%... 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2015, 08:16:45 PM »
Wow, we came that close...  There is hope.  And that hope applies to the legislature as well.  We need to be finding ways to get patriots motivated.  One thing that always annoys me: I hear people say that they will fight to the death before being disarmed, but those same people won't even get off their ass and get out and vote.  We should find ways to motivate them.  You'd think we could find some way to increase the patriot turnout by 6%...
Term limit?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline JAK

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2015, 08:25:57 PM »
What I got from Sue Crawford (District 45) was,

"Thank you for sharing these concerns with me. As you may already know, LB 289 was voted out of the Judiciary Committee late last session. I have been talking with law enforcement and city officials about this issue in order to understand the implications for Bellevue and other cities. As a constituent, your input is especially helpful as I learn more about this issue."

Not the best response but not the worst either,

John K

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2015, 06:59:01 AM »
Ironically, Pansing-Brooks was the UNL president of the College Republicans back in the day ....   Of course Johanna and The Fort are "former" Dems ....and Ashford ... well who knows anymore ....

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2015, 05:43:06 PM »
Got fairly positive feedback from Senator Bolz who replied:

" ... At this stage, I agree with your analysis and support the bill.  However, I want to review the bill from all angles and ensure that the legislation that hits the floor dots all the i's and crosses all the t's.  I'll be in touch if I have follow up questions."
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline tackle8

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2015, 09:45:55 PM »
Have not heard anything back yet from  Sen. Kolterman in Dist. 24. I had sent an email on Nov. 1.  If I ever get a reply, I will post it here.

Offline bradhaas

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2015, 10:01:54 PM »
After two weeks, no reply from Sen. Mello.  Maybe email isn't a good medium for him.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2015, 08:04:07 AM »
After two weeks, no reply from Sen. Mello.  Maybe email isn't a good medium for him.
I didn't get a reply to my first email from my rep so I sent her another one, and it got an answer more or less right away.  It didn't commit to anything and left me with the impression that she would be unlikely to support it (though maybe she will).  But at least she did write back.  So a second email might get you a response.  My second email quoted the part of the state Constitution that says neither the state government nor any subdivision of it can infringe on the right to bear arms, along with the oath they all swore to uphold the law, both of which I think our state senators need to be reminded of from time to time.