< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Dec 6th Bullet Hole Adv. Pistol Level 2 , 2-9PM  (Read 1239 times)

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Dec 6th Bullet Hole Adv. Pistol Level 2 , 2-9PM
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:07:15 AM »
I have a few openings left in this class. Course derscription can be seen here  http://www.thebh.com/this_course_outline.php?class=12
Note : Minimum .38/9mm cal Semi-Auto handgun required. Either a Blue/Red training gun that will fit in your holster (I will have a couple of loaners if needed) or a commercially available barrel blocking device is also required.

- Shawn

"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Dec 6th Bullet Hole Adv. Pistol Level 2 , 2-9PM
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 08:54:41 AM »
Still have openings, lets fill it up!!

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 09:51:18 AM »
I just wanted to comment on the outstanding performance of the students in this class. Everyone payed attention, was safe and trained hard. We spent some extra time on the empty hand knife defenses and gun takeaways and didnt spend as much time on some of the wounded shooter techniques as we usually do. But everyone left with the techniques and drills they needed and could work on them at home on their own. Once again, thanks for a great class. Be safe.

- Shawn

www.88tactical.com

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »
I wuz in this particular class of Shawn's last Sunday.

It's the second class of his that I've taken (Advanced Tactical Pistol I & II).

Both have been excellent learning experiences that have enhanced my own meager pistol skills.

And self-defense skills as well.  [Although we didn't practice running away from the scene perhaps as much as I should practice.   I'm still working on Buggin' Out at the Very First Hint of Conflict.]

Anyhow, it's a pleasure to recommend his classes to you, with confidence in your satisfaction.

He has one coming up for women that's listed here somewhere.   You might consider sponsoring your lady friend.   Might just make her more shooter compatible.

SemperFi

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:52:03 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
Thanks for the kind words and endorsement. I was asked on another forum to post my qualifications. So for those that dont know me;

Ive been a part time employee and instructor at The Bullet Hole for 13 yrs. I started out teaching NRA Basic Pistol and am certified as a Nebraska CCW Instructor. I was heavily involved in IPSC/IDPA for many years. I shot Master Class in the CDP Division. For my full time job I work for the Omaha Fire Dept as a Firefighter Tactical Paramedic. I have been in Fire/EMS professionally for more than 15 yrs. For nearly 5 years Ive been a member of the Omaha Police Dept SWAT Team providing close medical support. Ive gone through OPD`s 2wk Tactical School, and have trained with them on a monthly basis in firearms and tactics since joining the team. Ive attended classes throughout the country hosted by Suarez International and Strike Tactical Solutions. Ive trained with Michael Janich and been to Front Sight. By the end of this year I will have completed nearly 800 hrs of professional training in the use of handguns, rifles, knives and empty hands for self defense. That doesn't include the hundreds of hours spent sparring and doing force on force/sims training. Ive been very fortunate and have had the opportunity to train with operators who are truly the best in the business. Hope that helps.

- Shawn

www.88tactical.com

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 08:46:05 PM »
Let me put my Kudos in for Shawn also. I took my CCW class from him and feel he did a great job. Would like to take more from him but havent had much time lately. Hopefully this winter will free me up some.Thanks Shawn.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA