Gear & Equipment > Holsters & Leather Goods

Urban Carry Holster

<< < (2/3) > >>

barmandr:
Try drawing the gun out of that rig from a seated position.  Bet it doesn't work worth beans.  I'll stick to an IWB or OWB where I can draw from any position.

thirtydaZe:

--- Quote from: RedBird on November 09, 2015, 09:14:41 PM ---I agree that it looks a little weird hanging off the belt with a tucked in shirt. It's an interesting alternative to the SmartCarry system. The thing I like about SmartCarry is that you can wear it without a belt so you can wear sweatpants or athletic shorts.
--- End quote ---

SmartCarry looks interesting.  i'm always looking for something better for being tucked in at work.  Do you own this, and like it enough to recommend?

tstuart34:

--- Quote from: RedBird on November 09, 2015, 09:14:41 PM ---I agree that it looks a little weird hanging off the belt with a tucked in shirt. It's an interesting alternative to the SmartCarry system. The thing I like about SmartCarry is that you can wear it without a belt so you can wear sweatpants or athletic shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Looks intresting enough but like others have brought up it will be very difficult to make a proper grip. The gun over time will form in the leather but not enough for me. That draw has been praticed a lot to be that smooth. Majority of people do not practice drawing enough to have much any type of proficiency. Deep concealment is deeper problems

I will admit I also do not tuck my shirt or have to wear dress clothing often. When and if I do I will be attending a funeral or some formal event that i may not carry.  I personally think people are to worried about printing. Where the correct clothing and a quality holster and enjoy.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

zofoman:
Some excellent comments on this holster...particularly on drawing when in a seated position.  I'm not sure how that really works with the Urban Carry.  Myself, I have issues with any IWB in a seated position.  Maybe it's because I'm not as svelte as I once was.   When driving I will move whatever I'm carrying to a better location.  When sitting while I am out and about, I simply put up with being uncomfortable for the duration.  I guess thats why I (we) have many holsters to fit the different situations where we think we're going to be.  Personally, I like OWB because of access & comfort, but I don't, unless I'm out hunting.  My work prevents me from carrying or even having a weapon in the parking lot...plus the dress code isn't conducive to carrying either.  So, my carrying is limited mostly to trips & errands around town.

I'm going to patiently wait on my friend to get his, assuming he follows through with purchasing, then I'll be able to give it a thorough look and report back.   

RedBird:

--- Quote from: thirtydaZe on November 10, 2015, 02:36:45 PM ---
SmartCarry looks interesting.  i'm always looking for something better for being tucked in at work.  Do you own this, and like it enough to recommend?

--- End quote ---

I do own it and would recommended it for carry with gym shorts or sweat pants. I find the draw much more difficult when wearing a belt and prefer a kydex IWB holster for that.

I'm interested to hear more about how this Urban Carry holster works out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version