< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska Off Highway Vehicle Association, NOHVA, know anything about them?  (Read 1026 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
I recently was made aware of another group in Nebraska, the NOHVA. They are formed to help keep atv and dirt bike riders educated on issues concerning places to ride and collectively try to preserve the places they ride.

Recently the US Forest Service has been trying to close lands to ATV use, which in my opinion, is an attempt to slowly close down these areas to hunters, AKA a back door approach to gun control.

Is anyone a member? Are they pro-gun? Could we join forces to insure public lands remain open to riders and hunters?

With the bureacracies trying anything they can to limit our freedoms, the 2900 members of the NOHVA and the nearly 3,000 NFOA members could join forces on a letter writing campaign to slow or stop the closing of public lands to sportsmen of all interests.  
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 08:50:52 AM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Nebraska Off Highway Vehicle Association, NOHVA, know anything about them?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:37:06 AM »
Scott, I am not that familiar with them, but I know someone who may well be able to help us. He is definitely on our side as far as 2A rights, and is also a very active officer in a 4 wheel drive club. He would be a great liaison between the two groups, but right now he is in Arizona for military training. I talk to him via phone and e-mail when I can now, but he will be back home for the holidays, so I will get with him and see what his thoughts are.

Offline FLUFF

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Nebraska Off Highway Vehicle Association, NOHVA, know anything about them?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:04:07 PM »
I was a member years ago when the smell of aviation fuel and the sound of the quad racers would get me cranked up.  Then I started chasing the girls, got old, fat and moved on.  This org was just getting started at that time, I think the guy who helped it start was Dan Nitzel from Grand Island. He worked at the GI power plant and had a awsome hot rod elcomino at that time. I think he was a shooter also but I was more into the aviation fuel to take much notice. There is a Dan Nitzel in the GI book, not sure if it's the same guy.

I still love the smell of burning aviation fuel, about as much as Hoppes #9 ;D