< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 10-22 mag question  (Read 910 times)

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
10-22 mag question
« on: November 16, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »
I have picked some Ruger BX25 magazines for my 10-22.  I tried using some Winchester M22 ammo and no go.  It appears they just wedge in the magazines and won't feed.  Remington Golden Bullet, on the other hand, feeds like a charm.
Might add the M22 ammo works fine in my SW22a mags.

Anybody else have the same issue?

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Re: 10-22 mag question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:58:15 PM »
I do not have experience with those mags But have had problem with pure lead tip bullets in some of my semi autos. A lot has to do with velocity along with the bullet coating.

Golden bullets and federal are always my first choice when I was actually shooting my 22lr Winchester 333 packs always worked well. Automatch was always my last choice though I was able to get it to run with a little poslishong and break in with higher velocity stuff.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 09:19:11 AM »
Don, I feel your pain!
The M22 bullets seem to be slightly longer than most.
Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 01:44:48 PM »
Don, I feel your pain!
The M22 bullets seem to be slightly longer than most.
Greg58

They are certainly wider. There is a known issue amongst Ruger revolver owners with M22s often not chambering in Bearcats and Single Sixes. M22s will go into my Bearcat's chambers about 1/4" then can go no further. CCIs, Federals and Remingtons fit just right and drop in and out properly, and shoot accurately. This isn't true of all M22s but I'd say 75% out of any box will not chamber in my 'cat.

Other types of Winchester like the 333 bulk packs also stick, but only about a third of them.  I'm pretty much through buying Winchester rimfire ammo for that reason. I'll shoot up what I have but I don't like having stuff that only chambers in some of my guns.

M22 was also the stuff they recalled a couple years ago due to double charges.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK