< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Happy Birthday NFOA  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Happy Birthday NFOA
« on: November 24, 2009, 10:42:44 PM »
I am pretty sure that it was one year ago today that Chris Z filed the papers to form the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association non profit corporation.

I think we all owe Chris a great deal, for having the courage to make a difference, drawing this line in the sand, and allowing  me to come along for the ride.

Chris... I salute you!
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Happy Birthday NFOA
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 10:53:32 PM »
Thanks to everyone on the NFOA board of directors for all the work you do, and all the people who've volunteered.  We have a great organization going here and we're doing a lot of good for the people of Nebraska.  Keep up the good work!

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:29:36 PM »
Happy B-day!   8)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 08:04:03 AM »
I am honored to have been a part of it, and look forward to contributing more in the coming years.

Now, where's the cake?   ;D
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 09:21:54 AM »
Only one year old? Seems like 5.

In one year, national recognition, 2500+ members, including a few people with major influence, junior members, fund raisers, member picnic, other stuff also.

Andy make a list of all the accomplishments so the total membership can see.

And Happy Birthday NFOA.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:58:08 AM »
I agree, we have come far from the nothing that existed a year ago, but rather than list what we've accomplished, I'd rather be discussing what more we have up our sleeves for the gun grabbers next year! >:-)
N0ZXR

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 12:03:10 PM »
I agree, we have come far from the nothing that existed a year ago, but rather than list what we've accomplished, I'd rather be discussing what more we have up our sleeves for the gun grabbers next year! >:-)

Trouble...lots of trouble!   ;)  >:D
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 06:46:28 PM »
It's time to be a pain in thier backside.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 08:16:04 PM »
I was wrong... checked the archive over at CCWNebraska  and the actual date  was the 14th of November...not the 24th
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 08:32:16 PM »
Happy birthday +10. Thanks to all who started this and those who are trying to grow it.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 09:40:25 PM »
Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to grow this organization. We are getting noticed by some very important people in this state  :-)

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »
Big thanks to our leadership and all of those who have worked in various ways to further what is right.

One hell of a list of accomplishments in a single year!

A-FIXER

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 07:04:12 PM »
Yes, Thanks.....

Offline Kim

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 08:18:23 AM »
Yes, a definate Happy Birthday to the NFOA!

I agree that it is hard to believe that it has only been a year since it's conception. At the Millard gun show yesterday, there was a discussion as to how NFOA started. I remember the bowling pin shoot/cookout at our house just like it was yesterday where we were discussing how to get this going. Never in my wildest dreams would I have said that NFOA would be 1 year old and over 2700 new members and have achieved the great things that you all did.

A big thank you to all who have given so much to this organization!

Maybe next year we should have a birthday party to commemurate the 2nd birthday?

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 08:46:30 AM »
A LOT of people put a ton of time and work into this way before we ever became involved, and you all have our gratitude.

Yes, it was very cool to be a small part of the discussions on how to take those ideas and turn them into a reality. Having so many other people as excited and determined to make this happen as Kim and I were was a pretty darn cool thing to see.

I too am completely amazed and surprised as to how far we have all come in one short year, which makes me even more excited to see what this coming year will bring. I also remember sitting at our picnic table (after getting my butt kicked shooting pins) and talking with everyone on how to get this idea that everyone had been working on off the ground. Yes it does seem like yesterday.

From Tim's idea and discussions, to Tim and Joe's private blog, to the discussions on ccwne, to the board of directors being formed, to Chris taking the paperwork in to be filed, to where we are today with so many great members stepping up to the plate to work so hard, it has truly been the efforts of a great bunch of people, and I thank you all.

I think if we could get an annual banquet organized beginning next fall and time it so that if falls close to our birthday, that would be way cool.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 08:53:38 AM by Jay »