< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska Reciprocity with Mississippi  (Read 1173 times)

Offline FD5

• Post approval required
Nebraska Reciprocity with Mississippi
« on: December 05, 2015, 11:10:38 PM »
Mississippi recognizes Nebraska carry permit per USACarry.com, why doesn't Nebraska recognize Mississippi?

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Nebraska Reciprocity with Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »
Nebraska honors permits from states whose requirements to obtain a permit match or exceed Nebraska's. As far as I have found, Mississippi doesn't require training for a permit. Just file an application and pass a background check. The state also has an "enhanced" permit which does require training. Holders of the enhanced permit are authorized to carry in many, but not all, places forbidden to holders of the ordinary permit. You might write to Nebraska's attorney general to bring Mississippi's enhanced permit to his attention and request that he reconsider honoring it.

Offline FD5

• Post approval required
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 06:15:53 PM »
Thanks Kendahl.  I am a Mississippi resident and have taken the enhanced conceal carry class.  I will be submitting the paperwork for fingerprints and background check tomorrow.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »
Good for you. That will make carrying in Mississippi easier. However, it won't do you any good in Nebraska until the attorney general decides to honor it. Have you considered getting a non-resident permit from one of the states (e.g. Florida or Utah) that Nebraska does honor?