< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: FREE HANDGUN SAFETY CLASS  (Read 1428 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
FREE HANDGUN SAFETY CLASS
« on: January 05, 2016, 11:54:33 AM »
FREE HANDGUN SAFETY CLASSES

Instructor:   Doug Hawley/Paragon Firearms Training
Phone:         602.618.6680                               
eMail:           nebraskaccw@yahoo.com

Dates:          Saturdays>   Jan 30th, Feb 13th, and Feb 20th
Time:           8am-11am

YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER BY EMAIL OR PHONE

Paragon Firearms Training will be hosting firearm safety classes free of charge. Because of the increase in the purchase of firearms and the need of citizens to protect their families, Paragon Firearms is providing classes on the safe use of firearms.

We are offering these classes as a service to our community.

Subjects covered will include:

>Firearms Safety, Operations and Ammunition
   >Storage and Cleaning
   >Safe Handgun Shooting Fundamentals
   >Handgun Purchase, Ownership, Possession, Transportation, and Applicable Laws
   >Avoiding or Coping With Conflict Situations

We believe every gun owner has a responsibility to train and be knowledgeable in the safe use of their firearms.   

There will be no live shooting.   And no guns or ammo will be allowed to be brought into the classroom.

Coffee and water will be provided.   Please bring a pencil or pen and writing tablet to record important notes.   You must be 21 years old to attend unless pre-approved.

Contact the Instructor
at the above contact points in order to receive answers to your questions or to enroll in the class sessions.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:12:40 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: FREE HANDGUN SAFETY CLASS
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 02:21:48 PM »
Good Show ol Chap.
I read so much whining on various pages by NRA Certified Instructors about this law or that reducing their class counts or others undercutting their fees, It's heartening to see an instructor offer up free classes to newbies (especially with the included content proposed here)
Heck, having started out as BSA instructor, it COST me to teach.  I also offer my services to friends, coworkers etc. at cost of range fee and ammo (on first trip, I may even supply ammo) Some think I'm nuts, I personally do this to help my fellow man/ woman/ child be safe, grow the number of safe, law abiding gun owners, spread the gospel of the NFOA, and hopefully leave his nation a safer place.

Kudos to Mr. Hawley!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:29:01 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »
Here's just a small bump to this excellent public service offering by Doug Hawley.

You are invited to spread the word to those new handgun purchasers who might also be new to the shooting sports.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 04:47:00 PM »
We've put on two of these freebie programs now, w/full credit to Doug Hawley, whose concept it is. 

Doug's a premier trainer:   Whenever he gets a really hard question from the audience, he simply says,

"Well, that question's so easy that I'm going to let Ken take it."
   Then he looks at me.

Each session has had about 20 folks per class.   For some odd reason, some of them already have CHP/CCW permits.   Including a couple I previously trained.   Can't figger why they are attending a Basic Newbie class and didn't think to ask them.

Classes have been well received, with plenty of positive feedback.   Especially after the initial suspicions are put aside and attendees realize that the class is Really, Really, Free.   No strings.   Not even a free-will offering canister.   Plus they get coffee, donuts, candy, and bottled water.   Plus coupla handouts.

Anyhow, one more class being offered in this series on February 20.   If you have any candidates, have them contact Doug Hawley.  Info up above.

sfg