Gear & Equipment > Optics

EOTech replacement options

(1/4) > >>

Dan W:
You may or may not know about the recent admissions by EOTech that their holographic weapon sights are defective. :o

Specifically shifting zero with temperature changes and almost immediate loss of the nitrogen gas that keeps the glass from fogging and related air leaks that I assume means that it will allow water intrusion.

My 512.A65 seems to function OK, but as my primary HD rifle optic, I don't trust it to not fail when I really need it.

My dilemma is this...I love the EOTech reticle and the field of view and can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on an Aimpoint optic that I do not like the dot or the tunnel vision.

My question is this...has anyone had any experience with the Meprolight TRUDOT RDS optic ? It is very similar in form factor to EOTech, but uses a 1.8 MOA dot

http://www.amazon.com/Meprolight-Mepro-Tru-Dot-RDS-Sporting/dp/B00NSYUJPG

Discuss

shooter:
 Im staying with the EOTech, I have 3 of them,   they admitted that SOME of them MIGHT be bad. Ive had one over 10 years, and until I have a problem. im keeping them
  I just bought one of there laser battery caps,  wonderful item, uses the same battery as the sight,

the one thing that I really like about them, they use standard AA battaries

RobertH:
i was never a fan of them, i didn't like the reticle.  however, won't they pay you full MSRP if you turn it in?  won't you be able to get an Aimpoint or other good red dot then?

shooter:
You have to have the reciept

Dan W:

--- Quote from: RobertH on February 06, 2016, 08:17:40 PM --- was never a fan of them, i didn't like the reticle.  however, won't they pay you full MSRP if you turn it in?  won't you be able to get an Aimpoint or other good red dot then?
--- End quote ---

Yes I could get a refund.  I have the box and receipt. But I am keeping it as a back up/trainer for some of the rifles I have built for 7 grandsons.

I just can't afford 8 Aimpoints, so I may have too lower my sights to something like the Primary Arms clones

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version