< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Letter to anti-2A business  (Read 1695 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Letter to anti-2A business
« on: February 16, 2016, 09:55:26 PM »
Dear Business Owner/Manager,

My wife and I attempted to visit your business today but were turned away by your "No Concealed Weapons" sign. I respect your rights as a property owner/lease holder and will not visit again. I just wanted to let you know a little bit about who you've decided not to do business with. Every legally licensed Concealed Handgun Permit holder that you turn away...

- Has passed a Federal and State Criminal Background Check.
- Is not a Felon.
- Has never been convicted of misdemeanor violent crime or domestic abuse.
- Has attended and passed an 8 hour course mandated by the state covering the responsibilities and legalities of concealed carry.
- Has passed a proficiency test in the use of their firearm.

Can you say the same for your other patrons? Do you know who is a convicted child molester, rapist, or thief? If your patron is a Concealed Handgun Permitee, you can be assured h/she is not.

Of course it would be wonderful if an armed robber saw your "No Concealed Weapons" sign and decided to move on to the next victim, but do you really expect criminals to be deterred by a sign? Your sign only serves to turn away those who care about law, order and civil rights (your right to choose whom to do business with and my right to self-defense).

Best Regards,

Me
My City, St
My email address

Offline bradhaas

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Letter to anti-2A business
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:40:23 PM »
Very nice!

Offline Mark B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 06:56:08 AM »
Excellent. If I may copy and print your letter, I have a use for it.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 10:15:12 AM »
Very good letter. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 10:31:28 AM »
tell  um like it is GG and let us know if you get a reply ...  i am the same way you post a sign i drive to the next store .. i don't walk back to my truck and disarm and then shop at that store
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 10:56:03 AM »
Excellent. If I may copy and print your letter, I have a use for it.

There are variations of that letter all over the web.  This is just another version.  Use it as you will.

Offline TroyR

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 06:36:08 PM »
I recently spoke face to face to the owner of a bbq place I like, because it is located in a strip mall that is posted at the entry points of the parking lots.  He had no idea it was posted, and assured me that he would bring it up to the mall management asap.  He does not personally have it posted on his business, but his business is part of the Westwood Plaza. He would welcome permit holders in his business any time.  I think it is very important that we all actively let businesses know where we stand. I have sent emails to corporate at some places, or called companies before, to express the basics of the letter posted here, always respectfully. In one case, the management forwarded my message to their legal counsel, who never got back to me.  I think the best case is the situation I described here. I was a regular and he knows me. He knows I bring other people to his restaurant to try it. I am a familiar face and a regular customer (until another one opened closer to the office).  I think it carried more weight in this situation.  Unfortunately, we cannot always create the familiarity situation.  I have no doubt that he will bring it up to them.  However, I am doubtful that the plaza management would change because of it.  Just sharing my own experiences with this.

Offline Am1117

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 11:08:22 AM »
Today I noticed in front of the Hy-Vee in Shadow Lake in Papillion a "Code of Conduct" sign with a prohibition for CC for license holders and open carry. As I understand the store does not have that policy. I am going to take a pic to document it and double check that I did not read it wrong. But I am going to write to both Shadow Lake managment and the stores that I have been frequenting for a decade now. I will borrow from the above letter as well. Hopefully this can be changed if the stores resepct thier customers. I may be naive.

Advice please....

Does a typed out mailed letter have more impact or does the ability to have the email copied/forwarded carry more weight?

Tony 

Offline Mark B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
I did a search and found this: http://iowafc.org/blog/2015/11/26/success-hyvee-corporate-denies-anti-gunners-demands/  Apparently it is a store manager's decision.

Offline Am1117

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 01:32:08 PM »
I'm sorry I was not very clear. The sign was not placed by Hy-Vee. It is just like the ones you see in malls. it is from the property owners/management not from any individual store or restaurant. I think the previous code of conduct signs did not have CC prohibition. In fact one resturant has a sign prohibiting "open carry" not conceal carry.

Offline Captdad17

• Former cop, prior military, protective dad. Don't touch my tools or my daughter and we'll get along just fine.
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 07:33:34 AM »
Drives me crazy to see all the "No guns allowed" signs all over Lincoln (and the rest of Nebraska for that matter).  Makes me want to replace them all with ones that are a little more...  meaningful.  Such as: "Active shooters welcome.  No one in here will stop you." or "You have 9 minutes to commit your crime before the police arrive."  Something like that.

Just a thought.
When faced with a crisis, ask yourself three questions: Is anyone dead?  Is anyone hurt?  Are there hostages?  If the answer to all three is "No", then calm down, it's not a crisis.