< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Range in Omaha?  (Read 2130 times)

Offline H2O_King89

• NFOA Full Member
New Range in Omaha?
« on: February 19, 2016, 03:55:19 PM »
I thought I read or heard of a new range in Omaha? Looking for info on it and how the facility is?

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: New Range in Omaha?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 04:52:06 PM »
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 05:31:50 PM »
According to their web site, 88 Tactical is building elaborate facility on the south side of 370 just east of I80.

About a year ago, there was a story about a small range to be built at 90th St and the Blair High Road but nothing has happened there.

Offline H2O_King89

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 06:48:12 PM »
I think I heard it on the radio. I miss most of it just heard new range in Omaha. 

Where is the nicest range in Omaha that you've been to?

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 09:17:19 PM »
I think I heard it on the radio. I miss most of it just heard new range in Omaha. 

the only gun range in Omaha i've been to was the Bullet Hole.  once was enough.  dark, dirty and horrible workers.  the workers killed it for me.

i heard the range Take Aim in Bellevue is the nicest and run by great folks.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 08:42:57 AM »
About a year ago, there was a story about a small range to be built at 90th St and the Blair High Road but nothing has happened there.

That range was to be known as Inner 10.  Plans were for a Meggitt Training Systems modular three-lane portable range on a tractor-trailer chassis, with more modules to possibly be added in the future.   See sjwsti post, immediately below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Omaha-area Indoor Range:

A new indoor shooting range is currently well-along under construction in Waterloo, NE.  It will be known as Eastern Nebraska Arms  (Not to be confused w/East Nebraska Gun Club.)

Location is catty-corner from Farmer Brown's Steak House.   You can see the foundation footprint currently under construction.   Very large footprint for a shooting range.

Opening date is projected for late Spring, 2016.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i heard the range Take Aim in Bellevue is the nicest and run by great folks

Take Aim, actually in Bellevue, NE.   But close enough.  Owned/operated by Mary and Bob Whaling.   Great Folks.   Great Range.  Those Action Target carriers are smooooooth.  No swaying, dancing targets.   Great place to shoot.  Neat, clean, well-organized.  Personable staff.

Note that they do sell ammo, but do not otherwise vend shooting gear nor rent/sell handguns.

sfg
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:48:34 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 12:53:20 PM »
Got this message from a friend of mine a week ago. Ive seen pics of construction at the site.

I will be moving my business "Safe and Practical Firearms training" to "Inner 10 Weapons and Training" new indoor state of the art facility located at 89th & Military ave, Omaha, NE. next to the VFW and east of Little Engines. I will be in charge of training. Completion will be summer of 2016. Here are last weeks photos.

Nicest range in the area? Take Aim is the newest and has the most modern equipment of the ranges currently operating. The only real advantage of going to The Bullet Hole is their large selection of gun rentals.

Ive shot at all of the local ranges and have seen safety issues with shooters at every single one. I have voiced my concerns to both the employees and owners and received positive responses that they were working hard to solve the issues. But I keep seeing the same things over and over and I have grown tired of asking other shooters to stop breaking the rules. I end up spending more time watching behind me for some idiot handling a gun off the firing line than I do shooting. Unless they are willing to put a safety officer on the range and monitor the behavior of the shooters all they can do is watch a violation occur on video and correct the violator after the fact. Big Shots in Lincoln has a dedicated safety officer on the range at all times and is the only indoor range I enjoy going to anymore.

- Shawn

"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 01:54:02 PM »
At this time I would say Take Aim is the best in the Omaha area. Clean, attentive, and not too much a wait for lanes if you are willing to go early or later.

Pending locations:
88 Tactical is building here in the Millard area (I-80 and Hwy 370) and I saw they are making pretty good progress when I drove by the other day. - - https://88tactical.com/our-facilities/

The Omaha Gun Club (83rd and Center streets) is supposed to open this year as well and I am sure that it will be a great place to shoot as well. - - http://www.omahagunclub.com/

Need more info on the Eastern NE Arms - - http://www.themarksmanindoorrange.com/
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »
Need more info on the Eastern NE Arms - - http://www.themarksmanindoorrange.com/
Not sure when they plan to be open.  Went by there not long ago and they are still very early in the construction phase.