< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2016 legislative candidates.  (Read 811 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
2016 legislative candidates.
« on: March 01, 2016, 09:36:48 PM »
Saw an article that Tom Brewer filed to run against Al Davis.  This article talks about that along with other races for legislature. The deadline to file has passed, so whoever is running is now know.

http://journalstar.com/legislature/eleven-state-senators-face-challengers-in-election/article_7a123106-c1f8-5298-ad06-57584b2400e6.html

*it pains me be publish a link to that paper.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: 2016 legislative candidates.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 10:48:10 PM »
Both are registered Republicans, but Brewer pitched himself as "a lot more conservative" alternative to Davis.

He noted Davis' votes in favor of repealing the death penalty, raising the gas tax, ending Nebraska's ban on driver's licenses for the children of undocumented immigrants and opposing a convention of states to propose amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

"I guess I just didn't want to be that guy who complained about things and didn't step up to the plate," Brewer said
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 07:22:07 AM »
Incumbent Sens. Kate Bolz of Lincoln, Jerry Johnson of Wahoo, Sue Crawford of Bellevue and Ernie Chambers of Omaha (emphasis added) also picked up challengers this week.

Fonte Hamilton and John Sciara of Omaha will seek Chambers' 11th District seat. Hamilton is a Democrat, Sciara is a Republican and Chambers is a registered nonpartisan.

Looks like we need to see where his competitors are and if they are worth supporting just to get the snake out of office. I wouldn't want to support someone who is as bad, or worse, than Chambers.

The 2nd District primary ballot is crowded with Democratic Rep. Brad Ashford, Republicans Don Bacon and Chip Maxwell, and three Libertarian candidates, Jeffrey Lynn Stein, Andy Shambaugh and Steven Laird.

We also have a chance to get rid of Ashford as well.  :D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:25:19 AM by Mali »
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 09:04:03 AM »
Looks like we need to see where his competitors are and if they are worth supporting just to get the snake out of office. I wouldn't want to support someone who is as bad, or worse, than Chambers.

We also have a chance to get rid of Ashford as well.  :D
i don't think any one could be as bad as chambers lol but then again Satin has not run for office yet...
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 10:53:55 AM »
i don't think any one could be as bad as chambers lol but then again Satin has not run for office yet...

If he did, Ernie would sue him too.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 01:20:05 PM »
As I understand it the traitor Kathy Campbell, who deceitfully claimed to be a Republican while she stood with Ernie Chambers in corrupting Nebraska law, will not be eligible to run.  What can we do to get her replaced by a loyal American?  I have heard the Nebraska Republican Party referred to as a "dirty little party;" does the leadership of that party understand why so many of its members are fed up with it nationally?  If they continue business as usual, we might end up with a choice between a moderate liberal and an extreme liberal.  So what will it take to get them to nominate a patriot?  I'll be living in Omaha by the time we have the election, but it looks to me like my district in Lincoln was not the only district that was being represented by a RINO.   
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 08:59:38 PM »
As I understand it the traitor Kathy Campbell, who deceitfully claimed to be a Republican while she stood with Ernie Chambers in corrupting Nebraska law, will not be eligible to run.  What can we do to get her replaced by a loyal American?

I believe there is a candidate running -- Giest is her name, I think. She seems like a very solid replacement.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
Two years ago I was a volunteer on Tom Brewers campaign for the 3rd Congressional Seat, he's the real deal and we couldn't find a better friend for the 2nd Amendment.  He has twice been severely wounded in combat, and campaigned 15 plus hours a day while going through double cancer treatments, he a tough dude...  I'm saying we endorse him now!!!!