< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: How do You Like Your Uplula??????  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Re: How do You Like Your Uplula??????
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 09:42:35 PM »
FWIW, Amazon.com has a bigger, broader range of Uplulas than either MidwayUSA or Brownells.   Bet they have other shooting stuff as well.   For sure, I'll be going back to check out all their gear.

sfg

Be warned! If you sign up for Prime, boxes will show up several times a week...

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 04:53:40 AM »
Be warned! If you sign up for Prime,..................

When I was worming my way through the Amazon.com checkout process, they were pushing Prime with more vigor than a Tijuana Taco-boy pushing his sister off onto a drunken sailor.

And I didn't even bother to check out to see just exactly what wuz Prime.   Still don't know.

And didn't want to find out, figgering that if it was really worth having, Folks would be banging on Amazon's doors just to get it.   Demand-pull vs. Supply-push, and all that.

Must be some kinda credit card, like the ones that Cabelas is always trying to push on you when you come through the front door.

All I wanted was a nice Uplula to save my fingers and help lower my excessive reloaded ammo inventory.   

And------FWIW, my Beloved Momma's name was Lula Mae, so there's a sentimental connection to this device.

Uplula will be here on March 16.   You're all welcome to come try it with me.

sfg
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:00:25 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 05:45:34 PM »
Prime is 2 day shipping and some other tv perks. Of you but a lot from amazon and like to get your stuff quick it's worth having. I get the student version because it's half off :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2016, 06:59:04 PM »
[quote]Prime is 2 day shipping and some other tv perks............[/quote]

Well, that kind of service just might be worth having if you make a lot of on-line purchases from Amazon.com (I don't, but lotsa folks do.)  When you have a yen for your stuff, you tend to want it right now.

Another Item:
Well, I ran into this Forum's LMBass at the gun range today.   And.....He showed me his......Uplula.   In fact, he has several in various calibers.   Including a .308 for sale, which he hasn't used.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 07:36:57 PM »
any idea what they 308 fits?
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 08:36:18 PM »
shooter, there are several different versions for .308 here is there website

http://www.maglula.com/product-category/rifle-mag-loaders/
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2016, 10:33:32 PM »
I already talked to  LMBass  his is for a  AR type 308, I already have several lula loaders, was looking for another for my H&K 91,s
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2016, 11:05:47 AM »
I could never figure out why in the hell anyone would spend so much money on a piece of plastic to help load their mags. Come on....... I can thumb those dang rounds in fast.

Then one day this OnTheFly guy shows me this UpLula at Thunder Alley and I tried it. Yes I know own a few of them.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2016, 04:32:38 PM »
i must be the only NFOA member not to own one.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2016, 06:10:52 PM »
i must be the only NFOA member not to own one.

Ah, but have you tried one?  (You'll note the large number of people who never saw the need until they tried one....  :) )

Actually, if a person isn't loading magazines full up (and fighting to get that last round in) or they just aren't loading that many magazines at any particular point in time, someone might not really feel the need for one.

But I can say from experience that it REALLY makes a difference if you are loading a bunch of mags in a row, particularly if you are filling them up.  (They are also handy as heck when trying to UNLOAD an AR mag.)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2016, 06:16:33 PM »
Ah, but have you tried one?  (You'll note the large number of people who never saw the need until they tried one....  :) )

Actually, if a person isn't loading magazines full up (and fighting to get that last round in) or they just aren't loading that many magazines at any particular point in time, someone might not really feel the need for one.

But I can say from experience that it REALLY makes a difference if you are loading a bunch of mags in a row, particularly if you are filling them up.  (They are also handy as heck when trying to UNLOAD an AR mag.)

i will admit, i've never tried one, but i have tried different mag loaders.  i don't have the time to do much shooting now, so i don't have the need like others do.  i bet after i try one, i will probably have to get one.

and when you unload AR mags, you mean shoot them, right?  :)
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2016, 06:49:03 PM »
and when you unload AR mags, you mean shoot them, right?  :)

You know what one of the most annoying things about Multigun is?  You finish a stage in which you use a rifle, and you realize that you don't know how many rounds came out of your rifle mag.

So you have to empty the stupid thing out so you can get a count before you load it back up.  Arg.

(For those saying to themselves "why doesn't he just load it until it can't hold any more?!" ...I use TTI basepads which give me 4-5 more rounds in each mag.  HOWEVER, I don't want to load my mags all the way up because then sometimes they don't want to lock into place when loading, AND some mags are comfortably +4, and some are +5.  So...my load mag is 34 or 35 depending on the mag, and my reload mags are 33, unless the spring REALLY EASILY loads 35 whereupon it is 34, so....

....I have to count my stupid rounds in my mags every stage.)

I'll note that every other mag loader I've tried (for pistol or rifle) never seemed any better than the plastic thing that came with my Glock.  Never saw the real need to get one, until I tried an Uplula. 

....and then I bought 8 of them.  Over time.  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com