< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Alpine Inn, Omaha  (Read 2196 times)

Offline techieccw

• Forum Member
Alpine Inn, Omaha
« on: March 12, 2016, 05:23:17 PM »
Anyone know if the Alpine in in Omaha is a off limits or not?

Does it fall under the
Establishment having a liquor license which derives over onehalf
of its income from the sale of alcoholic liquor;
law?

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Alpine Inn, Omaha
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 08:48:05 PM »
Every time I go there the bar is quiet, and the dining room is full.

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 05:26:37 AM »
Here's a Thought for Consideration:

A phone call to Alpine Inn at  (402) 451-9988 might clear up this issue.

However, if all you want to do is watch Big, Fat Raccoons get bigger and fatter, you can come sit on my deck towards evening.   I feed them Meow Mix and Bacon Begging Strips instead of chikken bonz.   They do quite well on it.   Guess I could make you a sandwich, as well.   Even a beer.

FWIW

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline techieccw

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 07:46:35 AM »
Thanks, I will probably just have to give them a call.  I'm actually from Kansas, and my brother lives in Omaha, he wants to go there next time I'm up.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 02:52:39 PM »
Nebraska honors Kansas concealed carry permits. Do you have one? If not, you can't carry concealed up here regardless of the Alpine Inn's status. I can understand why you wouldn't have one now that Kansas is a constitutional carry state.

Also, be careful about the City of Omaha's handgun registration. It applies to anyone who brings a handgun inside city limits and doesn't have a permit that Nebraska honors. I doubt the police would bother someone passing through with an unloaded handgun in the trunk. However, if you plan to stay for a day or two and don't have a permit, you would technically be in violation of the registration ordinance. It sucks, but that's the way it is. The current mayor, who has her own permit, would like the state to completely preempt local gun restrictions.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 03:21:19 PM »
Omaha Municode 20-151 applies.  Any unregistered handgun is illegal the instant that it crosses into the Omaha city limits.  No grace period whatsoever.   None.  Unregistered handgun gets snatched (unless owner has applicable NE or reciprocal state CCW permit).

Happened coupla years ago to a Nebraska citizen traveling into Omaha from mid-state to see his brother.   LEO took gun from trunk, wrote citation, which provides for confiscation and up to 6mos jail time and/or $500 fine.   Guy had a S&W .357Mag revolver, probably a Model 19.  Gone.   Never did read any more about it in the paper.   My guess is the visitor paid a fine and lost the gun.   And now carries a misdemeanor firearms violation, which prevents him from obtaining a Nebraska concealed carry permit.

NE or reciprocal-state CCW avoids all that mess.

sfg
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 03:24:24 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline techieccw

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 03:23:05 PM »
Yes, I do have my KS CCL.  I have done quite a bit of research on the laws about concealed carry, I just didn't' know about the Alpine Inn.

Nebraska just has so many more laws (than KS) on where one can carry, I just want to make sure  I stay within them.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 03:25:24 PM »
One more thing.   Even if the Alpine Inn isn't posted NO CCW at the door, if their liquor sales exceed their other revenues, it would be illegal to carry inside the premises.

Welcome, Dear Neighbor, to Nebraska.

sfg
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 03:27:39 PM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline techieccw

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 03:33:21 PM »
One more thing.   Even if the Alpine Inn isn't posted NO CCW at the door, if their liquor sales exceed their other revenues, it would be illegal to carry inside the premises.

Welcome, Dear Neighbor, to Nebraska

Thank you.  That is how I understand it, but how is one supposed to know?  I was just wondering if anyone had any first hand knowlege of it.  Thanks for the warm welcome and responses.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »
, but how is one supposed to know?

Well, you've touched on a source of puzzlement to the concealed carriers in Nebraska.

Maybe there's a kindofa joke where this Concealed Carry Guy goes into a bar and sez, "C'n I see your books.....   No, the financial books.   Not the balance sheet.   Only the income statement..........."

Our Forum discussions have sorta centered around the idea that if the bar also has a Great Big Restaurant (food revenue), then we're OK.   If only a dingy little bar (some Forum members think this one's the best kind) and no grill, then better back slowly out the way we came in.

So far as this Forum's aware, there's not yet been a case of this type adjudicated.   At least, so much as we know.   We argue that a Good? Lawyer could maybe get us off the hook on this one, because it's so vague.

But none of us want to be the test case.   And probably, neither do you.

FWIW, all the Can't Carry places in Nebraska are listed here:  http://www.sos.ne.gov/rules-and-regs/regsearch/Rules/State_Patrol/Title-272/Chapter-21.pdf         See SECTION 018, specifically 018.01M.

sfg
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 05:32:11 PM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 01:28:42 PM »
They have a sign on the door..... I was just there two weeks ago

Offline techieccw

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 04:39:19 PM »
They have a sign on the door..... I was just there two weeks ago

Thank you!   I really appricate the help!

Just another reminder why Nebraska would be my second choice of a place to live.  I really enjoyed the time I was there 10 years ago.