< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Do guns in Omaha have to registered?  (Read 730 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Do guns in Omaha have to registered?
« on: April 01, 2016, 08:05:19 AM »
I live in Lincoln and will be moving to Omaha within the next few months (as soon as I find a house).  I have several handguns and long guns.  I have a Concealed Handgun Permit.  Am I required by the criminal gang that runs Omaha to register any or all of my guns with them?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Do guns in Omaha have to registered?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »
You have to get permission to even say the word "gun," in Omaha.  If you touch one, you must seek psychiatric help immediately. 

I believe all handguns must be registered in Omaha, but not long guns.  I'm not certain.  Not a resident of that um... "city." 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 09:28:30 AM »
I believe all handguns must be registered in Omaha, but not long guns.  I'm not certain.  Not a resident of that um... "city." 
NO, they can not require registration if you have a valid CHP
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 01:26:27 PM »
^^^ This.  As long as you have a valid Concealed Handgun Permit, you are exempt from the Omaha registration requirement.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 07:56:35 AM »
NO, they can not require registration if you have a valid CHP

I knew that was true for those of us fortunate enough to live outside the bounds of Lesser Mordor, but I thought it still applied to its residents. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller