< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: How 'bout dem Huskers?  (Read 1980 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
How 'bout dem Huskers?
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:42:12 PM »
HeHeHe!
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: How 'bout dem Huskers?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 11:05:57 PM »
Yup, they damn near beat the #3 rated team in the country...not too bad.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 11:35:36 PM »
this is how i see it.......

texas won because of a review, something ive always hated, reviews that is.  colt mccoy will not win the Heisman because he can't play against a real defense.  they will most likely lose to alabama, even though i am pulling for them since they are big 12.

shawn watson better get his resume together, he is done after this year.  you can't win games on field goals and defense.  the offense has been comatose all year, i do not blame the players, only the play calling.  i mean, how many times do we have to run between the tackles and gain zero yards before you change it up?

the 4 field goals we scored tonight were on these plays (correct me if im wrong):  off 2 interceptions, blocked punt and a punt return.

ok, im done.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 12:31:00 AM »
Great  defensive effort and great game. That big win is right on the horizon.

SUH for Hiesman IMHO, but the entire defense played lights out.

Too bad the way it ended... a poor kickoff gave them the field position they needed to get that extra second to count
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 12:36:58 AM »
Personally I say we won, time at the end of a game is not reviewable.  Clock is only able to be adjusted on a reviewabe play, official on the feild signaled game over.

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 01:01:57 AM »
Yea... it was over.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 09:03:07 AM »
 Poor kick off, big play plus a hoarse collar and a little help from the officals at the end combined with an "offence" that can't do anything equals a Texas win. I think Lee should just start his transfer plans right now along with Watson.

NU's deffence put on one of the best performances I've ever seen. If the Heisman was really given to the best all around player Suh would take it hands down after that. 11 tackles and 3 1/2 sacks on the #3 team in the country says it all. NU's deffence is by far the best in the country.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline red71

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 10:36:59 AM »
Poor kick off, big play plus a hoarse collar and a little help from the officals at the end combined with an "offence" that can't do anything equals a Texas win. I think Lee should just start his transfer plans right now along with Watson.

NU's deffence put on one of the best performances I've ever seen. If the Heisman was really given to the best all around player Suh would take it hands down after that. 11 tackles and 3 1/2 sacks on the #3 team in the country says it all. NU's deffence is by far the best in the country.

+1

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »
Indeed the Defense played great. Now the offense needs to pull a bit more weight. But I thoroughly enjoyed the HUSKER defense looking like the Husker defense of years past.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 08:48:48 PM »
I'm not sure what's wrong with the offense.  Our line could maybe block four 6 year old girls, but only if they didn't have a 7 year old blitzing.  The offensive play calling is pretty bad in my (unqualified) opinion.  How can you run 95% of your plays between the tackles and expect to produce anything?  And the option is a total failure with this offense.  I don't know why they bother, it never leads to anything except a tackle for a loss, unless Lee decides to pitch, then it leads to a turnover.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:50:32 PM by bkoenig »

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 02:05:01 PM »
I'm not sure what's wrong with the offense.  Our line could maybe block four 6 year old girls, but only if they didn't have a 7 year old blitzing.  The offensive play calling is pretty bad in my (unqualified) opinion.  How can you run 95% of your plays between the tackles and expect to produce anything?  And the option is a total failure with this offense.  I don't know why they bother, it never leads to anything except a tackle for a loss, unless Lee decides to pitch, then it leads to a turnover.

I agree the O-line is average at best and the play calling was very curious. On the one hand Watson was hampered by inability to block or complete a pass....but I also wonder if, after Lee threw 2 ints early, Pelini didn't tell Watson to go super conservative? Whatever the case it was pretty embarrassing. NU needs to figure what they want to do on Offense (Power I, West Coast, etc) and recruit and develop toward that. I am not sure Watson is the guy for that- but am not opposed to giving him another year to improve. And you are right the option is a NO GO, unless you feature it with the right personnel- neither of which NU is prepared to do.

Personally, I'd like to see NU return to a power I game (not necessarily option) with a mobile QB that can run Play-action, boots & waggles. I think that would nicely compliment a strong D, control the clock and be a match-up nightmare for all the D's converting to small/fast people to counter the spread. But O-line upgrade is #1 priority, IMO.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 07:35:29 PM »
Nebraska's Run Game (in the days of yore) made it's Play Action Passes go for big yardage.... even a high school level passer can hit the tight end if he's 35 yards downfield without any defender within 15 yards of him...... In those days, Nebraska's "Pipeline" (program of creating dominant O-linemen) made that possible.  Now, EveryTeam has a training table and weight rooms that rival or exceed what Nebraska had in the 90's....... it's parity, and it's here to stay.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.