< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Legal handgun transport NE  (Read 1341 times)

Offline hunter

• Forum Member
Legal handgun transport NE
« on: April 23, 2016, 11:25:23 PM »
New to handgun shooting need info.  Vehicle is extended cab pickup with rear bench..  Never going to be in Omaha or Lincoln so this question does not concern those areas.  How can you legally carry a handgun.  No CCW.  I just want to be legal going to the range and back home.  OK to stick it in the factory hardcase unlocked and on the rear bench seat?

Offline hunter

• Forum Member
Re: Legal handgun transport NE
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 11:27:47 PM »
Also, if you get stopped by trooper and first question is " are there any weapons in the vehicle" thats why I want them carried legal.  So when I truthfully answer "yes" and they ask where, we are good to go.

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »
Never had an issue with any LE as long as the handgun was in plain sight, clearly visible.
 I have carried them loaded and visible for many years. But I always took the precaution to keep my hands in plain sight until the officer has been informed of its location. At night I always turned the dome light on so he could see what I was doing.
D.R

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 07:18:07 PM »
https://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php?topic=11476.0

Another pickup discussion with more detail.

Offline hunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 09:18:41 PM »
Please note I read that thread before starting this one.  The questions are dissimilar in that I am not asking about putting anything behind the seats.  Rather on a seat or maybe on the floor in the factory case.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 09:39:47 PM »
The questions are dissimilar in that I am not asking about putting anything behind the seats.  Rather on a seat or maybe on the floor in the factory case.

And...It appears reply #3 in that linked thread covered most instances of transporting firearms.  The OP asked about behind a seat...but the reply(s) was(were) more extensive in content.