< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2016 Legislative Liberty Index  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: 2016 Legislative Liberty Index
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 11:45:56 PM »
Look at how many have a lower rating than Ernie chambers!  How does so much low rent trash get elected?  If my name was anywhere close to Ernie's I'd be so humiliated I'd cut my wrists, or drink myself to death or something.  How can these self righteous bigots live with themselves?  And what are the voters thinking?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 05:58:34 PM »
Read some of their positions they used for grading, I'm surprised Ernie isn't at the top of the list...  This organization doesn't represent conservative values, they seem second amendment friendly, but other wise?????

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 08:48:42 AM »
Read some of their positions they used for grading, I'm surprised Ernie isn't at the top of the list...  This organization doesn't represent conservative values, they seem second amendment friendly, but other wise?????

To me they look more libertarian than what is commonly called conservative, which means they support limited government.  So a rating below Ernie Chambers shows that a legislator wants government to be a caring big brother.  And history shows us that more government is usually a bad thing.

The word conservative is ambiguous, and without a definition of the word that all participants in a discussion understand and agree on, any debate over who is more conservative is meaningless; the participants might as well just be barking and growling at each other.  My preferred definition is one who wants less government rather than more government, as in wanting government applied to society very conservatively, rather than liberally.  Milton Friedman was called a conservative in that sense.  Some define conservative as one who wants to keep things as they are instead of changing them.  And I've seen others too.  So in political discussions I like to use the word patriot instead of conservative in referring to those who seek to oppose liberalism on us, because it has a clearer and better understood meaning (and it pisses liberals off). 

I would say that whether I agree with all the positions this group has, it does appear to be a patriot group, and its rating does tell us where these legislators stand on the issue of freedom versus being taken care of by an all-powerful big brother, that watches over us and protects us with an iron fist.  So I would consider someone they rate below Ernie Chambers to be very suspect as a defender of freedom.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.