< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: May 17?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
May 17?
« on: May 05, 2016, 11:53:58 AM »
That's the next open time for fingerprinting for CHP?  Just got off the phone with CID Lincoln.  Let me back up a little, I decided to apply for Florida permit so I got on the phone with Florida, they said they'd send a packet.  I found my 2 extra blue and white FBI fingerprint cards when NE sent them with my CHP, wrong year typed on the cards.  Called CID Lincoln, lady says she'd talk to someone there about what they can do.  Long story short I'm either going to have either wait till May 17 or drive to Omaha as she informed me Omaha is a walkin facility.  There outta be a law!  Oh, that's right there is.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: May 17?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 11:55:42 AM »
Sorry, should've mentioned wrong year is birthdate.  Although I would take it. 

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 03:22:29 PM »
When I got mine in Lincoln I called CID and was able to get in the next day (or it might have even been the same day; I don't remember now).  That was several years ago.  Has something changed in Lincoln since then or did some ignorant bureaucrat give you false information?  My biggest problem was that I should not have to drive all the way out by the airport and get fingerprinted and even pay them to take the prints in order to exercise a right guaranteed by both the state and federal Constitutions.  You should not have to wait a week and a half on top of all that.  But I guess that's the difference between a right and a privilege, which I guess is how the criminal gang running our state government looks at bearing arms, in spite of what the law says.  Was the mistake yours or theirs?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Captdad17

• Former cop, prior military, protective dad. Don't touch my tools or my daughter and we'll get along just fine.
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 06:12:40 AM »
I completed my CHP training on Sat, 4/16/16.  I called at 8:00am on Monday, 4/18/16 for the appointment.  The fastest they could get me in was yesterday at noon.  I had to wait 17 days just to get submit the application.  They were nice and all, but I agree the wait is ridiculous.  Now I have to count the days for my permit to actually arrive...
When faced with a crisis, ask yourself three questions: Is anyone dead?  Is anyone hurt?  Are there hostages?  If the answer to all three is "No", then calm down, it's not a crisis.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 07:33:32 AM »
If this is the way they are being now they must have decided to slow down the process deliberately.  Either that or they have become grossly incompetent.  It might help to contact the Governor's office.  At least we'll find out how responsive he is to the legitimate concerns of law-abiding gun owners wanting to comply with a law we shouldn't have to deal with in the first place.  Patriots in the legislature should also be made aware of this, because it's the kind of thing that shows why we should have Constitutional carry in this state.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 07:40:55 AM »
If this is the way they are being now they must have decided to slow down the process deliberately.
I know of no statutory power given to NSP to slow walk the application process, and by arbitrarily delaying the application process by requiring appointmenets, I believe they are acting outside the law
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 08:19:22 AM »
Update, I received a call late yesterday afternoon from CID Lincoln, apparently they're able to print off new FBI cards with the updated birthdate, I just have to pick it up.  Now I have to figure out if Florida excepts the fingerprint card from 2012?  I got mixed signals from the same person when I called Florida yesterday.  Guess I should've applied for Florida right away when I got Ne.