Gear & Equipment > Knives and cutting tools

Knife Size in Nebraska

(1/3) > >>

wcr:
If you still have your copy of today's May 7, 2016 Omaha World Herald.  There is an interesting article on knife size and the NE Supreme court - bottom page 1 and continued on page 2.  Check it out.  Summary from the Supreme Court size matters in determining if a knife is a deadly weapon.  It also said "whether you had criminal intent matters little."  How many of you guys go fishing with a fillet knife in the tackle box with a blade over 3.5 inches.  What if granny goes to the local cooking store and buys a knife for those Omaha Steaks for next weeks cookout and gets pulled over for a bad break light on the way home.  She now has a concealed deadly weapon in the bag on the front seat next to her.  Poor granny missed the picnic she's in the big house.

Mali:
Just read the article and it seems that the Supreme Court is telling the Unicameral to go back and review the law as it needs to re-address the length AND intent not just length without saying it outright.

barmandr:

--- Quote from: Mali on May 07, 2016, 03:58:11 PM ---Just read the article and it seems that the Supreme Court is telling the Unicameral to go back and review the law as it needs to re-address the length AND intent not just length without saying it outright.

--- End quote ---

Do you have a source for this?

ILoveCats:

--- Quote from: barmandr on May 07, 2016, 06:06:15 PM ---Do you have a source for this?

--- End quote ---

If a Supreme Court is unanimous on anything that pretty much means we need to change the law rather than challenging it in court and hoping they will interpret favorably.

barmandr:

--- Quote from: feralcatkillr on May 07, 2016, 07:37:53 PM ---If a Supreme Court is unanimous on anything that pretty much means we need to change the law rather than challenging it in court and hoping they will interpret favorably.

--- End quote ---
I understand the principle...I was asking if he had a source for stating the Supreme Court has in fact told the unicameral to revisit the law.  I ask this because I read the courts response and summary and didn't get the feeling at all that they felt the law should be revisited.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version