< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Man Vs Man Steel Competition - May 15, 2016 @ ENGC  (Read 1120 times)

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
Man Vs Man Steel Competition - May 15, 2016 @ ENGC
« on: May 09, 2016, 12:54:57 PM »
Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters will host the annual Man Vs Man Steel Competition on May 17th! This match is open to the public and will be held at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club (Directions) near Louisville.

Online Pre-Registration: https://practiscore.com/enps-annual-man-vs-man-match-may-2016/register

Please pre-register if possible! It gives us a much better idea of how much food we need to provide for competitors!
Please note that even if you pre-register you still have to be at the range and pay the match fee before 8:30AM the day of the match!

Match Fee: $20. This covers entry for one pistol. Lunch is also included. If you want to watch and eat, the cost is $5. Free to watch without food.

There will be two divisions for Pistol: Open [optics and/or compensators] and Limited [everything else]

The match essentially pits two shooters against each other with the same number of steel targets. The last target to be shot for each shooter overlaps and whoever gets the last target down first (all other targets must be down first or you lose by default!) wins. Matches will be double-elimination. You will always start with the gun loaded and holstered with hands in the “surrender position.”Once you hear the start signal, draw and engage all the targets as quickly as you can! The person next to you is trying to beat you to that last target!

This is definitely one of the most fun and exhilarating competitions of the year. Of all of the matches I’ve done, none get your heart racing as fast as this one. The shooter that can keep their attention on their shooting and not on their opponent (and the constant shooting and sound of steel being hit) will almost always win. There will be no movement or reloading on the clock (unless you miss a lot [ask me how I know]) but it will test your accuracy, speed, and ability to manage stress.

Due to time constraints, we will only be accepting 65 shooters and each shooter can only enter with a single pistol.

Schedule Is As Follows:
  • Setup and Registration will start at 7:15AM.
  • Registration closes at 8:30AM but you definitely want to show up sooner if you can.
  • Brackets should be completed by 9:00AM.
  • Shooters’ Meeting starts at 9:00AM.
  • Match begins immediately following the Shooters’ Meeting.
Equipment You Will Need:
  • A handgun chambered in 9x19mm or larger.
  • A holster for your handgun. It is highly recommended you get one designed specifically for your gun and not a universal holster.
  • Plenty of ammunition. If you win a lot you will shoot a lot!

Video of how it works:

If you have any questions please reply to this thread or PM me! I will respond as soon as I can. :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:06:12 PM by SeanN »