< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: how about a group to help value and sell firearms for survivors,  (Read 798 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
 As I get older. (64) I start to think about what is going to happen with my firearm collection when I pass. I think it would be great if we started a group of people who would help our kids to value and advise them on selling there sudden wealth,

To often at gun shows I have seen people rip off people who had no idea what they actually had.  I had other dealers get mad at me because I butted in and told someone what a gun was really worth,

Mabye make it a free service, with a donation to the NFOA.

could help take pics and list of armslist, or gun broker.  I don't know all the details yet .

Id be willing to help. not sure I cold run this, be will volunteer to help.

maybe even offer the service to the public?   who knows,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: how about a group to help value and sell firearms for survivors,
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 11:34:03 AM »
armslist, or gun broker

Having little faith in the Fjestad Blue Book of Firearms Prices, I've been using Armslist and Gunbroker, as you say.

One useful method is to do an Advanced Search on Gunbroker.com for completed (not asking/reserve price) firearms sales.   Gunbroker is the closest approximation to a perfect national firearms market that can be found.   You can evaluate the recent actual completed transactions and get a good idea of the national market value of the gun you're gonna buy/sell.

Sometimes sales for the gun you're looking at are non-existent, but more often than not they can be found.

And you, Shooter, should chair the evaluation committee.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 05:03:19 PM »
That is an excellent idea. 
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 07:05:15 AM »
I'm happy to help.  Based on the current environment, we might need a FFL as a member of the group to assist on the sales side.