< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Help Wanted  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Lance Kuck

• NFOA Full Member
Help Wanted
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:34:10 AM »
Myself and my partner have purchased what was left of Sabre Defense in Spindale North Carolina.  Everything has been moved to Lincoln and is a few days from being fully operational.  I need machine operators and a couple of solid tool and die guys/gals.  We are also short on QC, shipping and receiving, and production scheduling.  Job descriptions are evolving since we are going a bunch of different directions right now.  Our first priority is barrel production as we have significant capacity, so, if by chance there is an experienced barrel maker floating around please contact me ASAP.  Positions will be added and modified as we progress so if anybody out there is interested in firearm component manufacturing please send me a resume.  Any referrals are greatly appreciated as well.  We offer a benefit package and wages are based on job and experience.
Thanks,
Lance Kuck
President
New Empire Industries
lance@newempireind.com

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Help Wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:42:11 AM »
I hear you already spoke to one of my machinist friends, Allen is a solid guy. If the opinion of someone you have yet to meet carries any weight, I'll vouch for him.

Best of luck in your plans, I look forward to seeing what you guys put out.

-Dave
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Lance Kuck

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 12:04:51 PM »
Thanks Dave.  Allen is on the short list.
Lance

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
Is this the same Sabre Defense that makes the Tactical Gil Brake pictured below?
Of all the brakes I have, this one is my favorite, even over the Miculek brake.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 01:50:45 PM »
You might consider getting in touch with the manufacturing technology faculty at SECC at Milford, which is just next door.   All faculty members and staff have program alumni with whom they keep in touch and who may be looking for new opportunities.   SECC has a broad variety of machine tool technology programs.

Also, if you need any savvy, talented part-time technology folks, SECC students are always looking for part-time jobs.

Best of success in your new endeavor.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 06:05:51 PM »
You might consider getting in touch with the manufacturing technology faculty at SECC at Milford, which is just next door.   All faculty members and staff have program alumni with whom they keep in touch and who may be looking for new opportunities.   SECC has a broad variety of machine tool technology programs.

Also, if you need any savvy, talented part-time technology folks, SECC students are always looking for part-time jobs.

Best of success in your new endeavor.

sfg

i was going to post this as well.  SCC would be a great place to start.  the SCC job placement office might be able to help get you in touch some CNC'ers (current students and alumni).

on a side note, will you have a front office?  will you sell locally?  i hope you guys the best!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 07:53:46 AM »
Lance, thank you for moving an arms manufacturing business to Nebraska.

But...I have a question.

Wasn't the spelling of "defense" in the name spelled "defence"? And do you intend to change the name to the more widely used spelling?

I recall the one Sabre Defence upper I have purchased being spelled with a "c" and it was a sweet shooting midlength that was very accurate. That rifle was passed down to my son as his first AR15.

Looking forward to the prospect of an NFOA roll marked Sabre Defence lower receiver  8)

PS What type of barrels can you produce? CMV Chrome lined? Cold hammer forged? QPQ melonite? I know Sabre was famous for their machine gun barrels and one of the first to use Chrome Moly Vanadium
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Lance Kuck

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 05:37:01 PM »
I start every reply on any forum I have ever been on with some qualifying statement about being slow.  So there you go.  I'll answer as best I can in order of the questions.  We have the drawings for the brake and it is a fairly simple piece to make but I have to see how it fits in to our plans.  We have really focused on the barrel line.  SCC has been somewhat helpful and we will continue to utilize them and support them in any way.  Too many kids go to 4 year colleges when we need more tech school grads.  Not sure what a psychology degree from UNL pays but I bet a tool and die degree from Milford is a hell of a lot better. (no offense to psychologists)  We did keep the "c" in defence, it was a typo but we have to be careful where we use that name and how we use it as Sabre still has some lingering problems that are in no way associated with anything we are doing.  ATF, DOD, and DOJ have all been very good to work with and they fully understand we have no relationship with any past employees.  I am working on chrome lining quotes but it is a dying product and expensive plus everybody that does it is in Connecticut.  Hammer forging is a beast all of itself and not on our list but melonite is as well as some other processes and materials.
Thanks,
Lance Kuck

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 07:01:25 PM »
Very nice... look forward to supporting a local business!  Keep us updated.
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 07:22:56 AM »
Not sure what a psychology degree from UNL pays but I bet a tool and die degree from Milford is a hell of a lot better. (no offense to psychologists) 

Psychology pays pretty well but you can pay off the student loans faster with a tool and die degree.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 08:32:16 AM »
Psychology pays pretty well but you can pay off the student loans faster with a tool and die degree.
The only person I know with a psychology degree did run molding presses, and is now a lead QC.  Some of the topped out T&D folks can pull in over $100K a year with OT!!
I'll plant a seed around work for ya.

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 10:51:36 AM »
I passed the info on to my father. He is looking for a new job. He is 30 year retired National Guard looking for a new home. He not a machinist but he has supply and logistics back ground that could be of some use. He said he will be getting his resume sent once he gets back from vacation.

If I wasn't locked into my current job I would consider throwing out my resume to you guys. But rubber industry has me for awhile!

Good luck in your venture and look forward to seeing you guys in the future!