< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: James Yeager is up to his usual stellar customer relations  (Read 1598 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
James Yeager is up to his usual stellar customer relations
« on: July 14, 2016, 05:09:02 PM »
http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/03/10/crybully-james-yeager-responds-tactical-response-negligent-discharge/

I guess this is relatively old news, but I didn't see another post about it on the forum.  This guy is quite abrasive. I guess his instructors have embraced his philosophy as they like to use fowl language to address the students, and then, as if verbal insults aren't enough, they shoot your truck.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: James Yeager is up to his usual stellar customer relations
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 11:36:47 AM »
I actually just got banned from the Midwest Industries page on Facebook because they posted a comment about getting ready for a class with Yeager.

All I did was ask if they had full coverage on thier vehicles...:)
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 11:39:16 AM »
It sounds as if the ND was the result of a discussion the instructor was having with several students out in the parking lot. He drew his weapon, probably to tell them something about the weapon or demonstrate something, and either pulled the trigger because he had his boogerhook on the bangswitch while drawing or something caught as it was coming out. Either way he shouldn't have been doing this and then compounded it by not reporting it to anyone at the range. Stupid all the way around.

Even worse that Yeager then begins to rant and rave instead of being professional and having a discussion with the range.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 04:29:29 PM »
This has been available for several weeks. The incident began with an instructor's saying that you should accept wear and tear on a gun you carry every day for defense. To emphasize the point, he dropped his pistol onto a gravel surface and stomped on it. Something caught the trigger and the gun fired with the bullet striking a parked truck. Yeager acknowledged that it was stupid behavior by the instructor. Unfortunately, he continued with a rant that detracted from the acknowledgement.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 05:59:05 PM »
This has been available for several weeks. The incident began with an instructor's saying that you should accept wear and tear on a gun you carry every day for defense. To emphasize the point, he dropped his pistol onto a gravel surface and stomped on it. Something caught the trigger and the gun fired with the bullet striking a parked truck. Yeager acknowledged that it was stupid behavior by the instructor. Unfortunately, he continued with a rant that detracted from the acknowledgement.

Here's the deal. I've heard people say that they don't clean their firearm because if they can't trust it to work when it is dirty, then they don't want to own it, let alone trust it. I agree, but I'm not going to leave my firearms dirty and expect them to work. It's great that they will work when they are dirty, but every one of them has it's breaking point. Why not start with a clean weapon so that you are a long ways from the point of failure? In the same way, I think you should carry a gun that is tough and reliable that CAN take a beating but keep working, but why WOULD you do that to your actual carry pistol?

Fly

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 09:20:02 PM »
....why WOULD you do that to your actual carry pistol?
Agreed. It was a stupid way for the instructor to make a valid point which was that you have to choose between two alternatives. Maintaining a firearm in pristine condition is incompatible with carrying it daily and participating in hard core training which has you groveling in the dirt.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 09:54:10 AM »
as an instructor who has most likely said treat a gun as if it is loaded at all times etc etc thousands of times . one would think he would of dropped the mag and un-chambered the round in the barrel before tossing a gun to the ground . even if he was just trying to make a point you can do so safely it could of been a person that got hit instead of a parked car!  but that must be the difference between a good instructor and a bad. a good one would do as they preach .. but that just my opinion. 
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 12:17:29 PM »
as an instructor who has most likely said treat a gun as if it is loaded at all times etc etc thousands of times . one would think he would of dropped the mag and un-chambered the round in the barrel before tossing a gun to the ground . even if he was just trying to make a point you can do so safely it could of been a person that got hit instead of a parked car!  but that must be the difference between a good instructor and a bad. a good one would do as they preach .. but that just my opinion. 

In my eyes, this is a chain of errors. Any one thing could have stopped this train wreck. If the instructor would have considered common range policy that a firearm is not unholstered/handled unless on the firing line, or maybe the common rule of a cold range unless on the firing line, or if he cleared the firearm prior to his (IMHO) stupid demonstration, or if he would have fessed up to the range on his error and thrown himself at their mercy, or possibly, in the very end, if Yeager was not such a douchebag in his "apology". Instead, the instructor got in the train, fired it up, put it in motion at full speed, ignoring all the warning signs and limitations, then Yeager who should have been the train's brakeman completely neglected his job while he looked in the mirror and admired what a total bad ass he was.

Fly

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 12:01:38 PM »
In my eyes, this is a chain of errors. Any one thing could have stopped this train wreck. If the instructor would have considered common range policy that a firearm is not unholstered/handled unless on the firing line, or maybe the common rule of a cold range unless on the firing line, or if he cleared the firearm prior to his (IMHO) stupid demonstration, or if he would have fessed up to the range on his error and thrown himself at their mercy, or possibly, in the very end, if Yeager was not such a douchebag in his "apology". Instead, the instructor got in the train, fired it up, put it in motion at full speed, ignoring all the warning signs and limitations, then Yeager who should have been the train's brakeman completely neglected his job while he looked in the mirror and admired what a total bad ass he was.

Fly
I agree. Stupid choices all around have led to them looking even worse then they would have if they had just been professional about it and cleaned it up right away. Generally, sweeping it under the rug only means a bigger pile when someone else discovers it.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan