< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Is 80% pistol build legal in NE?  (Read 539 times)

Offline SuperHusker

• Forum Member
Is 80% pistol build legal in NE?
« on: July 16, 2016, 09:49:00 PM »
Interested in trying my hand at doing an 80% pistol build like this one:

http://www.polymer80.com/Polymer80-80-Pistol-Frame-V1-Black_p_1788.html

Don't want to do anything until I know that they are legal here in NE?  Any legal problem doing these here?  If it matters, I don't live inside Omaha or Lincoln.

Provided that it is legal to build, are they legal to CCW (Yes, I do have CCW license)?  I would put some sort of homemade serial # on it just in case it were ever lost or stolen.  Probably wouldn't want to carry it due to it being homemade, but is there a law against it?

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Is 80% pistol build legal in NE?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 10:04:13 PM »
you can make firearms, that is legal.  making them to sell without the manufacturing license is a big no-no.  IMO, i say build it.  let us know how it turns out and what you learned.  a separate thread about your experience would be cool.  i've thought about doing a pistol 80% or 10/22 80%, but haven't done it.  i've done a couple of 80% AR lowers and they were pretty easy with my jig.  homemade guns do not require serial #'s, but are a good idea.

i wouldn't carry it though.  i don't trust my handiwork to save my life.  i'll put my life on the line with proven firearms and proven self defense ammunition.  YMMV.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official