< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Carrying at Mall of Bluffs gun show?  (Read 2186 times)

Offline SuperHusker

• Forum Member
Carrying at Mall of Bluffs gun show?
« on: July 19, 2016, 08:59:25 PM »
A friend invited me to go with him to the gun show at Mall of the Bluffs this weekend.  I found the link below that has information about it...

http://www.pioneergunshows.com/

Now I almost never venture into Iowa and have never carried there.  I'm wondering if anybody knows if ccw is permitted at this show?  Even though it's called "Mall of the Bluffs", the website says that it's at a former Target store (I've never been to the Mall of the Bluffs..I don't even know if it's a real mall or just a name).

About a year ago I read some info on Iowa gun laws in preparation for a trip that I never ended up taking, so I'm rusty. Anything special that I would need to know carrying in Iowa?

Thank you,
SH

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Carrying at Mall of Bluffs gun show?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:23:56 PM »
is this the one?

https://www.facebook.com/pioneergunshows/?fref=nf&ft[tn]=kC&ft[qid]=6309256866256484379&ft[mf_story_key]=-8373148505722262790&ft[ei]=AI%408fed021ff4255f85e98d5860b5a27d58&ft[fbfeed_location]=1&ft[insertion_position]=1&__md__=1
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline SuperHusker

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 09:56:07 PM »
That's the one.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 08:21:57 AM »
http://www.pioneergunshows.com/

Print the page for $1 off the admission ($7 regular price)

I don't remember what their rules are on carrying at the show.  I know that others I have been to do not allow it. Maybe some of the people who never miss a show can chime in on this?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:27:15 AM by Mali »
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 10:04:24 AM »
I asked about it on the Pioneer Facebook page.  Here's how it went:

me: Will there be a "no guns" sign at the entrances like there are at the Lincoln gun shows?

Pioneer Gun Shows: Guns are allowed, but all guns must be checked at the gun check station at the entrance.

me: Does that mean those of us with concealed carry permits have to check the loaded and concealed handgun we carry at the entrance?

Pioneer Gun Shows: That what the rules say. I will just leave it at that.

So I still don't know whether or not we are allowed to carry there.  Maybe someone else can provide insight.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 01:30:28 AM »
It's probably an ok place not to carry, most all dealers set up will be carrying, many visitors will choose to ignore any signage, so percentage wise it's going to be pretty high that someone will solve any problem that arises for those who do not carry.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 09:50:24 AM »
Something just seems wrong about a gun show, of all places, not allowing those with a license to exercise our Constitutional right to bear arms to exercise that right.  It's like a seminar on free speech where there are strict codes against saying anything critical of government, or a seminar celebrating the 4th Amendment where the attendees are protected by random searches of those who enter. 

It seems to me that a no guns sign at a gun show would increase the chance of cars being broke into, since it would be obvious to criminal types that a relatively high proportion of cars parked there would have a gun in them.   

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 01:46:05 PM »
 almost all gun shows are posted, its because of the insurance they have to buy, its part of the policy that no loaded guns are allowed in the show, both dealers and customers,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 08:43:37 AM »
almost all gun shows are posted, its because of the insurance they have to buy, its part of the policy that no loaded guns are allowed in the show, both dealers and customers,
I've heard that before.  I suppose the policy protects the insurance company from liability in the case of a negligent discharge and there is no cost to them of having the policy, other than bad public relations.  A state law holding those who post no guns signs liable for any harm caused by compliance with their no guns rule would change that.

It seems like the NRA is always trying to sell me one kind of insurance or another.  You'd think they could insure gun shows, and probably make a good profit doing it.   

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 08:21:13 AM »
Pioneer Gun Shows: That what the rules say. I will just leave it at that.
I think that translates to " ;)  ;)"
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan