< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: USPSA classifiers  (Read 1000 times)

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
USPSA classifiers
« on: July 28, 2016, 02:52:15 PM »
Are there any coming up in the near future?  Looking around and can't find any info.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: USPSA classifiers
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 08:12:55 PM »
The next USPSA match at ENGC is the first Sunday in September.  A lot of the monthly matches will have 1 classifier stage.  We usually have a special all classifier match in May.
Grand Island has them but I know zilch about their schedule.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: USPSA classifiers
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 03:33:20 PM »
Are there any coming up in the near future?  Looking around and can't find any info.

As was said, most of the time, the ENPS matches at ENGC have a classifier stage in them.  (Not always, but mostly.)

At the moment, most of the clubs around here have already held their Special Classifier match for the year (in which multiple classifiers are shot all at once in a match).  ENGC held theirs in May, Sioux Falls also had one in May (I think), Grand Island had one a month or so before that, and I think that Ankeny had one in June....my dates might be wrong, but they've all held them already.

If you ask the Grand Island, Ankeny, and Sioux Falls range folks directly they'll be able to tell you if they are planning on having a classifier stage in their upcoming match, but other than a Special Classifier match, it isn't something that people feel the need to advertise, because having a single classifier stage isn't normally a huge draw for shooters.  Nice to know, but not really that important.

I believe that the upcoming September USPSA match at ENGC will have a classifier stage in it.

(Brief reminder that in USPSA classification is done VERY differently from IDPA---in IDPA, one classifier is 90 rounds, a lot of strings of fire, and gets you a classification.  In USPSA, it doesn't work that way at all.  You don't get classified from just shooting one classifier stage.  This link, starting on page 5, does a decent job of explaining how the classification system works:  http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/NCCB_4.1_2016.pdf  )
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com