< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2016 Members Meeting - August 27, 2016  (Read 2064 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
2016 Members Meeting - August 27, 2016
« on: August 02, 2016, 09:14:14 AM »
The annual members meeting will be held between Lincoln and Omaha this year.    The host for this years meeting is 88 Tactical.  The new facilities are quite impressive.

When: Saturday, August 27th 8am - 5pm

Cost: $20 will cover the catered lunch.  There really is no cost to attend the meeting, but why worry about lunch.  Lunch is being catered by The Ammo Box.

Lodging:  For those coming in for the meeting and need a place to stay, there are discounted rates at some area hotels.  The discounted rates are between $99 and $109.  The discounted rates are available at Embassy Suites and Courtyard by Marriott in La Vista. Just mention 88 Tactical when making reservations for the discount.

For the Kids: Kids are welcome. Want to keep them occupied during the meeting?  88 Tactical has a couple of classes already scheduled for that day.  Sign them up for the Anti-abduction / Anti-bullying class.  Also that day is the Primal Defense class.  Both are excellent opportunities to keep the kids safe and entertained.  These are classes offered by 88 Tactical and have a cost associated with them.  Registration for those classes is handled through 88 Tactical.

Additional activities: On Friday evening there will be a meet and greet, giving you an opportunity to talk with several senators in a relaxed social setting.  From 7 - 9 PM there will be drinks and appetizers. This is also being hosted at 88 Tactical. Cost for the evening is $30 per person or $55 per couple.  This is an open bar with beer and wine.

Like the past few years we have a variety of breakout sessions planned throughout the day.  A full agenda will be released soon.

Tours of the 88 Tactical facilities will be held throughout the day.

I have heard there may be some discounts offered to NFOA members on the day of the meeting. Details will be revealed at the meeting.

Links:

Meeting registration:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/nebraska-firearms-owners-association-annual-members-meeting-tickets-26662779090

Class offering:

Kids Anti-Bully & Anti-Abduction-Omaha
https://a.zozi.com/#/express/88tacticalne/products/128677?availabilityID=55012842

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:16:31 AM by RLMoeller »

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: 2016 Members Meeting - August 27, 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 12:17:40 PM »
Sounds great, will there be any NFOA shooting this year?
I hope folks who thought GI was too far to drive, will make a point to attend now that it is near Omaha and Lincoln.
I feel a little bad because Heartland Shooting Park took such good care of us.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
well, crud
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 06:31:43 PM »
Unfortunately, my wife's grandmother is auctioning off her house and most of her belongings in Broken Bow that day and we've been recruited to assist, so I'll miss this year.  If you've never gone, make sure to go as this is an awesome opportunity for the NFOA.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 10:33:38 AM »
Here is the link to the Adult Primal Defense course. This is a four hour class for men and woman ages 18 and up.

https://a.zozi.com/#/express/88tacticalne/products/128710?availabilityID=56334990

If anyone has any questions about this class, or the Kids Anti Bully Anti Abduction class, I will be Instructing both.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 01:44:57 PM »
Is there a schedule for the members meeting, lunch, and breakout sessions somewhere?
Just trying to coordinate with someone who is going to take one of my lunch tickets as well as what breakouts I will attend since I have to leave mid-afternoon for another event.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 01:52:25 PM »
Here is the current schedule:

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 01:57:39 PM »
Thank you kind sir.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 06:03:40 PM »
First time attendee, and had a great time.

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 06:11:21 PM »
“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 10:46:50 AM »
I was sorely disappointed to miss this year, but it was unavoidable.  I'm curious about how many people attended...
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 01:53:33 PM »
I posted some pictures of the event.

https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/2016/08/2016-nfoa-annual-meeting/

I have posted more pictures. There were so many pictures, that I created a gallery for the NFOA members meeting 8-26-16 to 8-27-16.

Go to the link below:

https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/gallery/nggallery/thumbnails

You can also find the gallery on the NFOA webpage, navigation, additional information, gallery.

“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »
I was sorely disappointed to miss this year, but it was unavoidable.  I'm curious about how many people attended...
Maybe 60 ish? :(
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
I was sorely disappointed to miss this year, but it was unavoidable.

Wish you could have made it out.  Certainly understand you couldn't avoid it.   There were some great presentations.  A couple of my favorites were Pat Borchers and Tom Petersen.  Both are lawyers.  Tom talked about restoration of rights and various ways people lose them without even realizing it at the time.  Pat had a very candid conversation about risks at the federal level, Article 1 of the Nebraska Constitution, and some of the opportunities we have here in Nebraska to address municipalities refusing to honor the constitution.

There were many other presenters and there was a good variety of presentations and information.