< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lancaster County Fair  (Read 2328 times)

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Lancaster County Fair
« on: August 06, 2016, 07:48:43 AM »
.I wanted to pass on to everyone that the midway At the llancaster county fair is posted. I have not seen signs in the past but this year they had signs at every ticket booth.

Though I don't agree that this was properly posted since they where not posted at the entrances I went and locked ,things up.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Lancaster County Fair
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 05:06:03 PM »
i know the Super Fair is over, but here is an example of the sign I saw.  I only saw this one and it was by the ticket booth at the midway.  i didn't see any driving in since i was busy trying not to hit anyone.

Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 09:37:27 PM »
Robert H ... are you saying you saw this exact sign ... those are Texas Statutes ...

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:41:09 PM »
Robert H ... are you saying you saw this exact sign ... those are Texas Statutes ...

yes, this is the exact sign i saw.  i took a picture of it.  it was by the ticket booth for the rides.  that is also the only sign i saw the entire time.  i wasn't carrying, so i wasn't worried about looking.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 07:25:46 AM »
IMHO ... I would have COMPLETELY IGNORED IT ... 30.06 and 30.07 are TEXAS gun carrying statutes.   The above posted has NO law enforcement authority in the state of Nebraska.

MORE IMPORTANTLY ... SHAME on the Fair Board for being so lazy as to post another state's law ...   

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 10:06:54 AM »
but the average person would not know that  30.06 and 30.07 were not a neb law statute and as Nebraska law says all you need is a sign conspicuous posted  that says weapons are not allowed it. says nothing about needing the statue numbers i believe the big red letters stating " HANDGUNS PROHIBITED " as well as saying no open carry or concealed carry  fills the states requirements as for me i would of turned around and left ...
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 01:16:52 PM »
but the average person would not know that  30.06 and 30.07 were not a neb law statute and as Nebraska law says all you need is a sign conspicuous posted  that says weapons are not allowed it. says nothing about needing the statue numbers i believe the big red letters stating " HANDGUNS PROHIBITED " as well as saying no open carry or concealed carry  fills the states requirements as for me i would of turned around and left

YET ONE MORE REASON UNIFORM SIGNAGE IS NEEDED .....

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »
I wonder if the amusement company was from Texas and maybe that sign has to do with their insurance??? Just a thought.

Random thought, since it said no guns, would that meet the requirement for no-CHP, even though it points to TX laws??

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »
I wonder if the amusement company was from Texas and maybe that sign has to do with their insurance??? Just a thought.

Interesting thought ....  Hmmm .....   What would be more interesting is if someone attempted to OC at the fair ....

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 09:08:11 AM »
FWIW, I CCd everyday and OCd on the last two days, at the fair last year (10 looonnnggg HOT days of working the NFOA booth :'( ) We had friendlies working on the fair board last year that made damned sure the place was NOT posted, against the will of some others, of course.   I'm not sure if he's there this year or not.
I, too, wonder if the signed are of the midway company.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 10:42:44 AM »
i know the Super Fair is over, but here is an example of the sign I saw.  I only saw this one and it was by the ticket booth at the midway.  i didn't see any driving in since i was busy trying not to hit anyone.

Yep that is the sign I saw also. I took a picture but never got a chance to post it on here.  These where only posted on the midway at the ticket booths on the North and south side. I would have never seen them if I had not gone up to tickets.

YET ONE MORE REASON UNIFORM SIGNAGE IS NEEDED .....

That is is the first thing that I thought of when I saw the sign. I had no clue about the Texas thing though great catch. My big thing was it had the weapons prohibited. They had several officers patrolling the midway and I didn't want to ruin the evening with some crazy mom getting me arrested if my shift some how got pulled up picking up one of my kids.
FWIW, I CCd everyday and OCd on the last two days, at the fair last year (10 looonnnggg HOT days of working the NFOA booth :'( ) We had friendlies working on the fair board last year that made damned sure the place was NOT posted, against the will of some others, of course.   I'm not sure if he's there this year or not.
I, too, wonder if the signed are of the midway company.

I truly believe this was the midway company. I saw no other signs posted around the fair grounds.

I did approach the LPD officers that where there and asked them if they felt the signage was acceptable based on Nebraska law and they looked at each other shrugged and said they have no clue. I didn't feel like pressing the issue so I thanked them and went and enjoyed my time with family.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 01:19:43 PM »
After further investigation, there appears to be a preponderance of evidence that the signage was posted by the "Carnies".  As such, REALLY has no force of law in Nebraska .... at least for Mr. Kelly (the Lancaster Co Attorney) to care ....

The Event Center took down their signage several years ago ... and this appears to be a faux paus, misguided, stupid move ... SO ... next year, carry on ....