< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Indoor Shooting Range Opens: The Marksman/Waterloo, NE  (Read 3438 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
New Indoor Shooting Range Opens: The Marksman/Waterloo, NE
« on: August 10, 2016, 04:33:48 PM »
Opens Tomorrow:   The Marksman Indoor Range in Waterloo, NE.

Kirk and Christine Anderson, owners of Eastern Nebraska Arms, were kind enough to invite me to today's "soft" opening of their beautiful, brand-new indoor range.   It's located at 2505 River Road Drive in Waterloo, NE, which is just across from Farmer Brown's restaurant at the far east end of the strip mall.

Very Nice.

The range has two main shooting bays:   A and B    The shooting lanes in both bays are 25 yards/75 feet long.   Both bays have those excellent Action Target carriers that hold the targets securely and totally eliminate target dancing.

Side A has 6 lanes w/toggle switch target carrier control.
Side B has 5 lanes w/digital keypad entry for precise target carrier distance settings.

Handgun calibers up to .50cal and rifle calibers up to .308cal are allowed.   The usual indoor range restrictions apply to ammo type (no incendiary/steel core/tracer/etc., etc.)

The backstop is the steel Action Target Total Containment energy-absorbing unit w/spiral bullet trap for lead capture.   Air handling system for lane ventilation is all in place.

Front end is 1300 sq. ft. for retail sales:   ammo, shooting accessories, purses, and other such goodies.   Handguns and long guns will be sold, both new and used.   Trade-ins will be accepted.   Rental handguns will be added shortly.

A very nice classroom is setup for shooting sports training classes.

Memberships are available.

Website is WWW.THEMARKSMANINDOORRANGE.COM.   Check it out.

The Andersons invite you to grab your range bag and come on out!!!!

Have a Good Time!!!

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: New Indoor Shooting Range Opens: The Marksman/Waterloo, NE
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 05:36:10 PM »
sounds great!  but.... no pics?

are they NFOA members?  is there anything we can do to help them out?  do they need NFOA literature or pamphlets?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 07:33:06 PM »
sounds great!  but.... no pics?

Yeah, I didn't take any pics and there aren't any on their website.   Yet.   At the time I was just responding to their very kind invitation and wasn't thinking much about anything else.   The idea for an NFOA posting came up when they told me they hadn't posted anything here.

Soooooooooo......................    All that means we all gotta go see directly for ourselves.   And bring some shooter friends.   And NFOA members.

I don't think the Andersons are NFOA members.   They do know about the NFOA and were very enthused about my suggestion for the posting up above.   They have both been putting in 18-hour days on this project for the past couple of years and may not have had much time to lift their heads up and look around.   

I'm thinkin' that maybe one or more of the NFOA Officers could go out and visit to see what kind of mutually beneficial associations could be made between the Marksman range and the NFOA.

My guess is that they are somewhat new to the shooting sports at the commercial level and can use all the friendly help that they can get.   They are certainly nice, friendly, sociable, well-intentioned folks.   And their new range is an important addition to East Nebraska shooting venues.

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 12:49:24 PM »
Yeah, I didn't take any pics and there aren't any on their website.   Yet.   At the time I was just responding to their very kind invitation and wasn't thinking much about anything else.   The idea for an NFOA posting came up when they told me they hadn't posted anything here.

Soooooooooo......................    All that means we all gotta go see directly for ourselves.   And bring some shooter friends.   And NFOA members.

I don't think the Andersons are NFOA members.   They do know about the NFOA and were very enthused about my suggestion for the posting up above.   They have both been putting in 18-hour days on this project for the past couple of years and may not have had much time to lift their heads up and look around.   

I'm thinkin' that maybe one or more of the NFOA Officers could go out and visit to see what kind of mutually beneficial associations could be made between the Marksman range and the NFOA.

My guess is that they are somewhat new to the shooting sports at the commercial level and can use all the friendly help that they can get.   They are certainly nice, friendly, sociable, well-intentioned folks.   And their new range is an important addition to East Nebraska shooting venues.

I went to the Marksman and shot on their range this morning at 10:10 AM. They were offically open for business for 10 minutes when I arrived.  I took pictures and ask them to join HFOA, which they are going to join NFOA. It is female owned and operated. The owners and staff were very nice and professional. I will go back to shoot in the future. Nice place.

Link to website post with pictures. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/2016/08/marksman-new-shooting-range-now-open/

They would like to discuss mutually beneficial associations between the Marksman range and the NFOA.

If you go in, tell them you are with the NFOA, so they can track it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:07:15 PM by bennysdad »
“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 01:00:44 PM »
Thanks for the info, this is certainly close to home for me.
I will try to get over there and post a report.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline CrazyGolfNut

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 04:19:06 PM »
My wife and I went there today.   Very friendly folks gave us the grand tour.  We are looking forward to going back and using the facility. 
“He flourished his sword, I pulled out my gun and shot him”
Harrison Ford / Indiana Jones