< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Recalled Omaha Mayor wants to run for Gov. Ha!  (Read 1548 times)

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Recalled Omaha Mayor wants to run for Gov. Ha!
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:29:14 PM »

Great a super liberal recalled Omaha Mayor. That's the best the Leftists can come up with? What a joke.

Nebraska Democrats Get ?Gov? Name for Christmas
By Joe Jordan on December 16, 2009
 For months Nebraska Democrats have been wondering if anyone in the party would be willing to take on Governor Dave Heineman (NE-R) next year.

Well the word today is yes, probably. And the name is well known in Nebraska.

Mike Boyle Douglas County Commissioner
Douglas County Commissioner Mike Boyle tells Nebraska Watchdog he is considering a run for Governor. According to Boyle he?s bothered by what he calls Heineman?s ?misuse of stimulus funds.? Boyle says Heineman allowed plenty of federal dollars needed in Nebraska to go to other states. Boyle also tells Nebraska Watchdog that the Heineman administration is guilty of ?old insider politics.?

Boyle says he has until February to make a final decision about running. If Boyle gets in the race it will be the second time he?s run for the top job in the State of Nebraska. In 1990 Boyle sought the Democratic Party nomination for governor, but lost to Ben Nelson. Nelson went on to defeat incumbent Republican Governor Kay Orr.

The 1990 race came three years after Boyle was recalled from the Omaha Mayor?s office. Boyle was elected the city?s chief executive in 1981, re-elected in 1985, and thrown out of office by the voters in 1987. The recall followed several City Hall dust ups including arguments with police over traffic tickets given to members of Boyle?s family.

In 1989 Boyle ran for Mayor again but lost to Republican P.J. Morgan. Morgan is now running for the District Four seat on the Douglas County Board where Boyle has served since 1997. Boyle represents District One, which includes downtown and South Omaha.

Heineman, who was Lt. Governor under Mike Johanns, stepped into the Governor?s office when Johanns became Secretary of Agriculture in 2005.  In 2006 Heineman easily won the Governor?s race defeating Democrat David Hahn in the general election.

But Heineman?s real test was the 2006 Republican Primary. In that race Heineman began as a 50 point underdog to Husker football legend Tom Osborne. However the former coach turned Congressman lost to Heineman, leaving many political insiders to believe that barring some unusual developments Heineman would be untouchable in 2010.

Reported by Joe Jordan, joe@nebraskawatchdog.org

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Recalled Omaha Mayor wants to run for Gov. Ha!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 11:00:26 PM »
When I heard this I threw up in my mouth a little.
That's all I gotta say 'bout that.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »
I bet Heineman will donate $$ to Boyle's campaign! He'd LOVE to see Boyle as his opponent. The question I have is will Heineman run for Senate in '12? Nelson HAS to go. 

It's also about time for Omaha to recall their current Mayor- another corrupt, incompetent dufus....just like Boyle.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 10:03:41 AM »
As a resident of Omaha I say throw Suttle out. I've never seen such an idiot. But what do you expect from Obama voters. Suttle used the same tactics that Obama used to win Omaha and I'll bet money Tom White will do the same thing to try to beat Lee Terry. Tell the sheep what they want to hear and they will follow. Terry better step is game up or he is done.
 I heard that Shane Osborn wanted to run against Nelson. I think that if that happens Nelson wins. If the Gov. runs against Nelson, Nelson is gone. Just my thoughts. Boyle doesn't have a chance to be Gov.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »
I think I scraped something off my boot the other day that looked just like Boyle.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 08:09:42 PM »
I had a boyle pricked by a nurse once
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »
I had a boyle pricked by a nurse once

I'm guessing if you lanced this Boyle he's got a LOT of Irish whiskey in him.....along with puss.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 07:22:22 PM »
Boyle is out, he is not even going to try and run. He at least has a shred of common sense

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 07:24:01 AM »
The common sence part surprises me. That's got to be a first for him.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 08:57:28 AM »
He probably was informed that he didn't have any support.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.