< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln Gun Show  (Read 3257 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Lincoln Gun Show
« on: September 04, 2016, 03:47:18 PM »
Rock Creek Renegades have a gun show at the Lancaster Event Center on Sept 24 & 25.  Will the NFOA have a table?

IMO, there is an election coming up.  i *think* the attendance will be pretty good.  the prices... not so much.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Lincoln Gun Show
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 08:58:25 PM »
 I have 2 tables at that show, and 2 at fremont the week before. stop by and say hello if you go to the show. my tables are the ones with the NFOA flyers
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 08:48:40 AM »
When placing events, please list the place, address and date and time so I can place it on the website(s) calendars. You have the date listed.
“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 03:41:04 PM »
When placing events, please list the place, address and date and time so I can place it on the website(s) calendars. You have the date listed.

9am to 5pm both days.  4100 N. 84th Street, Lincoln NE 68507

http://www.lancastereventcenter.org/all-events/event-details?EventID=7402&CalDate=1474707600000

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 03:52:15 PM »
NFOA website(s) calendars updated. Thanks for additional information.
“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 08:09:49 AM »
Rock Creek Renegades have a gun show at the Lancaster Event Center on Sept 24 & 25.  Will the NFOA have a table?

IMO, there is an election coming up.  i *think* the attendance will be pretty good.  the prices... not so much.

IDK Robert... Will the NOFA- made of 8500+ members, have  table. 
It's really up to if anyone wants to man it and do the foot work.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 09:07:09 AM »
I'm not doing it this year, and the reason is going to piss some people off but frankly, I don't care.

Everyone wants to help, until we call on them to actually help. It's been the same 5-6 of us for the last several years. Everyone wants someone else to do the work.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 09:18:15 AM »
Essentially, the BoD needs folks to take the wheel on these things.  If you have a event you'd like to see the NFOA represented, simply get with a board member(s). We'll mull it over and get back with that person- aye or nay.  If Aye- we'll go over what you need and how to get it to you.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 11:00:16 AM »
 the show is this weekend. I was surprised at the fremont show, not many people came out,( Nebraska football on TV)  but those that did were buying, the dealers I talked to were saying people where buying anything they thought they would need. just in case Hillary gets in.   sold out of P mags quick.  so don't wait to long. here is a show that may have what you need,
 NRA Endowment member

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 04:20:41 PM »
and buddy and myself plan to be there Saturday AM.  i always leave some NFOA pamphlets or business cards where other gun shows are advertised.  i spread them around the tables so people have to see them.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 12:51:57 AM »
I was in town for something else and spectated at lunchtime, wow was this show lacking in vendors and attendees.  I saw one vendor asleep at his tables, a couple playing cards with the next vendor.  A smart one who had obviously been there before and knew to bring his reloading equipment and catch up on his reloading.

Ft Calhoun, NE show draws a larger crowd than this.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 07:35:47 AM »
The September show is always terrible. I would have thought the attendance would be up due to the impending elections. I'll be making a pass through this morning. Maybe I can catch something worth looking at.

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 12:07:45 PM »
Well that was a bust. Still the same overpriced stuff. The guy with the Gen 4 Glock 22 for $685 needs to start sharing what he's smoking.

Was good to catch up to a few guys I only see at the show though.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 12:55:58 PM »
I haven't been to many shows, but this one was really kind of a let down. I wandered over from another event I was working and there really wasn't a lot of deals there. I would agree that there were a lot of high prices and bored vendors. There is always a bad show once in a while so let's hope the next is better.

How many of the vendors there were actually NE vendors? I only saw one vendor with NFOA materials on their table. Also, how many of the shows in the state pass out materials for NFOA?
Is there a way to contact these groups and coordinate with them to get the information out?
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 03:31:58 PM »
yup, i was there Sunday AM with my daughter.  i got a few ammo boxes, but nothing else spoke to me.  I did see several NFOA members.

i saw the sleeping vendor.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 06:45:00 PM »
, I was the guy with the loader. I had a 5 gallon bucket of 40 cal brass I was depriming.  there were some GREAT deals there you just had to look. I bought more than I sold, I think I always do that, it was the smaller show of the 2, the one is Jan is over twice as many tables,

Mali,  I was the one with the NFOA flyers. I have them at every gun show I set up at,

I might have also been ONE of the ones taking a short nap. but I had my grandson along, he was supposed to be watching the tables, if hed put that damn cell phone down!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:30:20 PM by shooter »
 NRA Endowment member

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 11:19:08 PM »
The Yellow Rose and I were out providing Amateur radio support to the Multiple Sclerosis Bike Ride both days and unable to make it to the gun show. Have not yet been able to master the ability to be in two places at once. maybe after I turn 80!!
WØCHF

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 10:50:41 PM »
  Mali,  I was the one with the NFOA flyers. I have them at every gun show I set up at.
I figured it was, but you were talking with a potential customer and I didn't want to interrupt just to say "Hi!". Better you get the sale. ;)
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 11:10:10 PM »
The biggest disappointment for me was how much I liked the URAL motorcycles, knowing I can never own a vehicle that can not come close to doing the legal speed limit.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 06:14:22 PM »
The biggest disappointment for me was how much I liked the URAL motorcycles, knowing I can never own a vehicle that can not come close to doing the legal speed limit.
It was pretty though.