< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: deleted  (Read 1089 times)

Offline phorvick

• Forum Member
deleted
« on: September 05, 2016, 09:14:23 AM »
deleted the post as the class filled.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:44:48 AM by phorvick »
If butterfiles carried .45's, there would be no sparrow problem.

http://shootingsafely.com

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: An Intro to the NRA SIMCO class...September 24, 6pm and 7:30pm, Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 08:16:53 AM »
What shot reporting system you using?  Why not LASR? as I know they are qualified for the NRA Sim training.  And as such IIRC, there is a discount for NRA Instructors.  There system also works with the cartridge inserts.  there is even a "Recoil" simulator option and Infrared laser/ camera set-up to take the gamer out of it- too many folks start watching the laser and not their sights.  The software is less than the Interactive Targets you listed and  can be ran on Laptops or Tablets.
Gotta support our own and those that support us.
(see ad below :) )
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:23:11 AM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline phorvick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:02:41 PM »
deleted the post as the session filled
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:45:30 AM by phorvick »
If butterfiles carried .45's, there would be no sparrow problem.

http://shootingsafely.com

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 01:33:38 PM »
I have used both the SIRT's system with software and the LaserAmmo/SureStrike system.  I am not suggesting one is "better" than the other, they both have their advantages.

[snip]

But, whether or dedicated laser pistol, or their own pistol, it is great fun. 

The LASR system works with either a dedicated laser pistol, or their own pistol with inserts.  NE Bull's comment wasn't about what to use for the pistol, it was about the shot reporting system---how you tell where the hits are.

While some interactive targets are okay, many (IMO) aren't very good, or are only mediocre and are still expensive.  The LASR software, on the other hand, is fantastic for many different levels of skill, from beginners to experienced shooters.  The range of possibilities with the LASR stuff makes all sorts of drills easy to run.  I've had a lot of success with people in wildly different classes using various aspects of the LASR software.

I personally prefer students to use their own guns, even if (for many pistols) it means only a one-shot capability.  That being said, for complete newbies who don't have guns or don't know enough yet to really work with one, a SIRT pistol is a great way to start. 

The LASR system is excellent for all of it, much more than things like the laserammo targets, IMO.  (Though the laserammo inserts work really well.)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com