< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Contact with LEO today!  (Read 1494 times)

Offline lefty

• Powder Benefactor
  • KC0DA, NRA, USAF 57-61
Contact with LEO today!
« on: December 21, 2009, 07:03:57 PM »
I had my first contact with LEO in Kearney today due to a fender bender in Wally World's parking lot.

When the officer arrived to make out an accident report (out of town ambulance, not on call, backed into me) he asked for our driver license, insurance form and registration. 

When I handed him mine and informed him I had a CCW permit and was carrying, he didn't even acknowledge that I was carrying or made a comment.  He was on his computer in his patrol car so I am sure he ran me on NE Depart of Motor Vehicles. After, he had filled out the accident report, he handed our documents back to us.    We had a short visit about the weather, shook hands and departed. 

And this is the city I had to call to remind them to take down their No CCW signs after LB 430 went into effect.

I hope they all contacts go this good.

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
Re: Contact with LEO today!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 09:20:48 AM »
Now that is a wonderful Christmas story...heartwarming!   :angel1:

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 10:51:30 PM »
Another heartwarming story.

On my way home tonight through Gretna, I was surprised to discover I was going 7 over the limit.  :o

I handed the deputy my license and CHP along with the registration and insurance card. The deputy asked where the weapon was and I said, "In the console".
The deputy returned after a bit with a verbal warning. The CHP and having the weapon was a non-issue.  :angel1:

I was polite and the deputy was polite and very gracious  ;D

A-FIXER

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 11:26:01 PM »
Good news, our good demeanor while having the responsibilty is carring over with quality citizens

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »
Ah yeah, the ol' Gretna speed trap! :(  Been there done that, Twice even.  First time Sheriff Deputy.  Professional enough, just seemed unsure about how he was to react to my permit and carry status, but got a ticket that time.  Second time (hopefully last) State Patrol, very professional, seemed more concerned that I wasn't carrying that day than he was that I could have been. Just a written warning.

For the most part, if we are courteous to them, especially when they seem more nervous than you, We'll all get along fine.  I also blieve that quite a few of these officers just are not up to date with the laws as it pertains to their duties and our rights. Once it becomes more common and they get training on such it will get better. 

Now as for the sudden slow down to granny low thru Gretna, maybe we can get Mr. Nelson to pull some strings for us :angel1: :tool:
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »

Now as for the sudden slow down to granny low thru Gretna, maybe we can get Mr. Nelson to pull some strings for us :angel1: :tool:

Now we wouldn't want to give the traitor something to think about (like being wanted or needed in Nebr)
the sooner he's out the better

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 08:55:02 AM »
I just thought he is great at getting what he wants by working under the table.  Heck with a little dealin,  we could get the whole stretch from Elkhorn to Lincoln put to 75, that would save me a bunch of time every weekend.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline son of liberty

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 08:58:05 PM »
i have had 2 contacts with LEO since ive had my permit. the first one i got to admit i was a little nervous. not so that it showed. both went very well. they just asked me where my weapon was on me and to keep my hands visible. however the second incident the LEO raised his eyebrows when i gave him my permit, like it was the first time he ever saw a permit holder. im not sure if that was what he was thinking, but his reaction was somthing i remembered. all in all they were text book. im glad to hear that everybody is not having any problems with LEO conracts :)
we dont shoot to kill, we shoot to stay alive