< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Col Jeffrey A Powers USMC (Ret) responds to NFL Commissioner  (Read 668 times)

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Col Jeffrey A Powers USMC (Ret) responds to NFL Commissioner
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »
i think the coaches / team owners should make the players stay in the locker room till after TNA is played !
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 08:51:28 PM »
When we do as our detractors do, restricting individual rights, such as free speech and the demonstration of such, we are no better then the bad people.  While I do not agree with what they do, I understand what they are trying to do.  Now if they would only go to Omaha and openly demonstrate against people killing people (whether they are black, red or white) maybe we can get something done.  While a lot of the police shootings were preventable, the naysayers have to have a forum.  Our men and women fought for all of the rights we have and they should not be curtailed.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 11:33:23 AM »
  While a lot of the police shootings were preventable,

this part i do agree with it's called comply with police directions and stop resisting and felons stop carrying weapons .as most of the shooting dash cam , body cams and or third party videos i have watched show one or all of the above.  it seems it's all ways some one else fault they did not comply ....

but some seem to think the more they carry on, the better chance the police will just throw their hands up in defeat and give up on making an arrest ... but you and i know that is not how the real world works ....

as for this part "restricting individual rights, such as free speech and the demonstration of such" as a professional football player that is paid millions to be there they should do there free speech on their time and off the field do you get to protest at your place of work and still get paid or even keep your job?? i think sitting in the locker room with no cameras on you would fix the issue of using the NFL as their stage.  maybe if he was actually teaching people to comply / stop resisting etc. with police then i would say let him do his thing ..
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 10:22:58 AM »
as for this part "restricting individual rights, such as free speech and the demonstration of such" as a professional football player that is paid millions to be there they should do there free speech on their time and off the field do you get to protest at your place of work and still get paid or even keep your job?? i think sitting in the locker room with no cameras on you would fix the issue of using the NFL as their stage.  maybe if he was actually teaching people to comply / stop resisting etc. with police then i would say let him do his thing ..
  I would hope that NFL contracts would address this.  Protesting on your own time is one thing, to even think that one can protest in such a way on your employer's time/getting paid while doing so is totally nuts.   I get what some of these guys are trying to do but, I firmly disagree on how they are going about it.  There are better ways without showing disrespect.   
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline RageTherapy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 05:35:14 PM »
Football players can use this left-wing agitation movement to protest all they like.  We'll just know they are idiots.  Unlike the left, I won't announce a boycott over the team over one person's views.  The problem with the political climate in this country is that certain forces are trying to bully others into silence by trying to intimidate or "coerce" their workplaces into firing them.  See the modern "social justice" movement.