< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Where to purchase ammo?  (Read 907 times)

Offline CrazyGolfNut

• NFOA Full Member
Where to purchase ammo?
« on: October 18, 2016, 06:59:11 PM »
I live in Omaha and was wondering where most people purchase their ammo? 
“He flourished his sword, I pulled out my gun and shot him”
Harrison Ford / Indiana Jones

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: Where to purchase ammo?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 07:01:05 PM »
Mostly Cabelas and Scheels for me because of proximity to work and home. I did buy some from a local gun dealer when he was open and I was out in that part of town but generally it is these two local locations or off the Interwebs.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 08:17:28 PM »
Check out gunbot.net  for online ammo deals
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 08:20:39 PM »
I buy from Guns Unlimited unless they don't have what I want.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 09:19:46 PM »
Targetsportsusa. Case lots ship free. Sign up for their e-mail blast.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 10:56:38 PM »
When in Omaha, I go to either Guns Unlimited or Cabelas.  I've had good success with online specials from Palmetto State Armory...sign up for their Daily Deals/specials and wait for what you are after to come around usually with free ship.    http://palmettostatearmory.com/ammunition.html

"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 08:06:08 AM »
If you are also looking for something that monitors prices on various sites try using WikiArms. I have several watches setup there for 9mm and 5.56. I set the price threshold and it pings me every time a vendor posts a price on their website that is below my threshold.
An interesting side effect is that I can monitor how prices are rising and falling as things occur in the media. ;)
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 08:44:23 AM »
This is obvious but I want to point it out anyway.  I have found what looked like good prices a few times and filled out the order form and then when the shipping charge comes up it's so high it more than makes up for what had appeared to be a good price.  So I delete the whole thing.  Some sites, like SGAmmo for example, give their shipping charge right up front, which saves the buyer time.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.