< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pay It Forward  (Read 2557 times)

Offline WarHorse1961

• Powder Benefactor
Pay It Forward
« on: December 27, 2009, 05:01:05 PM »
I saw this on another forum and I think it's a great idea. So I thought I'd try to start it up here.

The idea is simple. I will start by posting something for free (no shipping, no handling, no charge at all). The first "I'll take it" gets it. But, that person must in turn put up a free item(s) with the same conditions. All shipping addresses, meetings, etc. should be handled via pm or email between parties.

Remember this isn't a trade thread, it's a give away thread. I count on your honor to post something of some value as well as follow through on all commitments.

Seeing as how I borrowed the idea, I guess I'll go first. I actually have a few items.

• Fobus Paddle Holster (KM3). It has a few scuff marks, but they're not bad. Decided to go with leather, so I just don't use this anymore.
    http://www.fobusholster.com/products/KIMBER_3_4_5_PADDLE_HOLSTER-272-16.html
  • DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard Holster in Black Basketweave. I got this off of Ebay sight unseen. Unfortunately, my Kimber fits so tight, I can hardly draw from it. I think if you have the time, you might be able to get it to stretch out a bit. I don't really like the basketweave, so I don't want to spend the time working on it.
    I guess they changed their lineup, but it's very similar to this. Though with 2 slots. (Their picture does not match their description, sorry)
    http://www.desantisholster.com/storefrontB2CWEB/itemdetail.do?action=prepare_detail&itm_id=12182&itm_index=4
  • Boston's Gun Bible. Author: Boston T. Party (aka Kenneth W. Royce). Non-Fiction. Although it's one persons idea of the perfect(?) battle rifle, he gives a lot of pros and cons on most of them so you can make up your own mind.
  • Unintended Consequences. Author: John Ross. Fiction. Although it's fiction, it's more of a history about gun control. There are quite a few facts interspersed in the storyline. The historic facts were extensively researched and it shows. There are some sections that go into detail about murder and sex, so this is not be a good book for young adults.
  • Molon Labe. Author: Boston T. Party. Fiction. With a lot of talk about States Rights, this is a pretty good story about the people of Wyoming making a stand. Much less graphic than Unintended Consequences.

So, who wants what?

It's pretty simple. "Hey WarHorse, I'll take the Fobus Holster. In return, I'm offering ________". Then PM me and we'll work out the details on how to get the holster to you.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Pay It Forward
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »
Hey Warhorse, I'll take the Desantis Thumbreak Scabard. In return, I am offering an IWB Black holster for a Commander size 1911. It is new, just not my thing. It has a metal belt clip. I forgot the name and lost the package.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:59:24 PM by SBarry »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Sotex

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
Warhorse,
I'm interested in a copy of "Unintended Consequences."

I've got a 5.11 fanny pack that didn't work out for my purposes:
http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/Accessories/Bags-Backpacks/Select-Carry-Pistol-Pouch/D/30100/P/1:100:10000:10900:10905/I/58604

This one has the tan front.

Offline WarHorse1961

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »
SBarry, sorry it took so long to send out the holster. You know, family comes first. :) I sent out the holster today. Post office said it'll take 2 days. I'm assuming, with the New Year holiday, that it'll be there Saturday or Monday.

Offline WarHorse1961

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 05:13:56 PM »
Sotex, remember, this is a pass it forward, not a trade. So, PM me and we'll work out how to get the book to you. I can mail it to you, or if you're in Omaha (or nearby) we can just meet in person.

Offline WarHorse1961

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »
I'm kind of surprised we've only gotten a few people on board so far. Maybe the holidays are messing up everyones schedule?

I can't remember which post it was, but I know I saw someone recommended "Boston's Gun Bible" to some else on the forums. If whoever you are wants it, it's still available.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 05:41:07 AM »
Hey there Sotex, I'd like to get that fanny pack if you could.  And paying it forward I have 2 used magazines for a Walther P-38 9mm that I would be more than happy to pass along to whoever might find a use for them.  I no longer have the P-38.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Sotex

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 07:18:28 PM »
Sotex, remember, this is a pass it forward, not a trade.

Understood....guess I missed the PM part.

Sorry I haven't gotten back earlier.  Been working 12-hour shifts the past three days.

WarHorse1 and Ronvandyn, check your PMs.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:20:29 PM by Sotex »

Offline WarHorse1961

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 05:45:30 PM »
Sotex, the book is on it's way.

Come on folks, we still have available:

Fobus Paddle Holster (KM3)
Boston's Gun Bible
Molon Labe
IWB Black holster for a Commander size 1911
2 used magazines for a Walther P-38 9mm

Just ask and you shall receive. Well, and you gotta give a little too.  :)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 07:00:42 PM »
SBarry, sorry it took so long to send out the holster. You know, family comes first. :) I sent out the holster today. Post office said it'll take 2 days. I'm assuming, with the New Year holiday, that it'll be there Saturday or Monday.

Thanks for the holster Warhorse, looks great.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Sotex

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 03:06:52 PM »
Warhorse,
Received the book today.  Thanks.

Ronvandyn,
Shipped fannypack out today.

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 08:28:34 PM »
I'd love Malon Labe but can't think of anything to offer up... hmmmmm.

how about a couple boxes of milsurp 30-06 blanks?  they need to be cleaned up but otherwise are pretty nifty.

or maybe the partial box (35 or so) Hornady GMXs, 150gf .308s

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »
I'm going to add on to my offer here.

2 boxes of .38 and/or .357 brass, once fired, primer in (not sure if they are 38 or 357 honestly, have not looked at them in a while)

2 full one pound tins of Goex Black Powder.  Omaha area only, cant ship the stuff. 

Sotex:  Durned post office keeps closing before I can get there!  I'll pick up the package tomorrow after work, as long as there is not a blizzard!
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 08:57:16 PM »
Ronvandyn,

I'd be more than willing to take that Goex off your hands the next time I make it to Omaha, if you still have it.

I have a no-gunsmith scope mount for a Lee-Enfield No.4.  It mounts in place of the rear sight and is nice & solid.  I used it one year and then put the iron sights back on it.  It worked great, I just decided to use that rifle for a service rifle match so I need the stock sights back on it.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
If that scope mount would fit an Ishapore Enfield(.308), I'd be interested in getting if from you. After doing some research, it looks like it won't work.  Oh, well.

I'm still going to do some digging and find a few things to put up in the next day or 2.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:31:33 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline m0par

• NFOA Full Member
<TAKEN>HKS 22R magazine speedloader -- save your thumb!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 06:46:06 AM »
Picked up one from Cabela's bargain cave. Didn't notice it was for Mark I/II. Needed one for 22/45.

First PM'd address gets it.

Whoopeee, huh? Well at least the price is right.

***Item is spoken for... Thanks***
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:22:18 AM by m0par »
"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."--John Basil Barnhill

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 09:28:05 AM »
SBarry,
I see this is an old thread, but if you still have the commander size holster, I'd like to give it a try with a hi power.

I'll put up a new, sealed, 1lb can of H-110.  Nothing wrong with it, I just settled on 2400 for my .357 reloading.  I can't ship it, so FTF in Omaha/Lincoln area would be best.  If nobody is interested in that, I'll dig through my box of orphaned accessories and see what might be of interest.