< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: FULL - Advanced Pistol Level 1 Jan 24th 2-9PM  (Read 1138 times)

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
FULL - Advanced Pistol Level 1 Jan 24th 2-9PM
« on: December 30, 2009, 04:54:17 PM »
This class is open to all CCW permit holders. Register at The Bullet Hole. Entire class is held indoors were its nice and warm, so forget about shoveling for a day and come train!!

Class description here. http://www.thebh.com/this_course_outline.php?class=8

- Shawn
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:12:55 AM by sjwsti »
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Advanced Pistol Level 1 Jan 24th 2-9PM
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:00:30 PM »
Here is a basic class outline of what we do in the Level 1 class, Lesson Includes: Combat Mind Set - Principles of Marksmanship under extreme stress - Drawing from concealment while moving and/or striking- Reloads, tactical and speed - Malfunction Drills - Aggressive Movement off the line of attack - Introduction to Bi-Lateral Shooting - Defense against a knife at extreme close range - Dry and Live Fire Exercises that will have you multi tasking like never before.

If you arent integrating some type of close range combatives into your firearms training, you should. In this class we prove why, at extreme close range, your gun isnt the answer to the immediate problem.

There are still openings for this class. Come on in and register.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Re: FULL - Advanced Pistol Level 1 Jan 24th 2-9PM
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »
I just want to say thanks to all who attended last evenings class. This was likely the most experienced group I have had yet with several combat Vets and some very experienced competition shooters. Everyone definitly got into the spirit of things and all worked up a sweat during the knife defense drills. Range drills went off without a hitch and we were able to keep right on schedule. I hope everyone made it home OK with the slick roads and all. Again, this was a very enjoyable class and I hope to train with you all again.

- Shawn

www.88tactical.com

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »
I was one of the participants in Shawn's class and can highly recommend it. I learned some new things, found out some things I definitely need to work on and had a highly enjoyable day. If you get the chance you should take this training. The small class size allows for personal attention from Shawn which was a definite plus.

Theron

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »
I echo bbtech's comments - it was a great class!  6 people is a good size, Shawn is a very good instructor!!
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan