< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Council Bluffs this weekend???  (Read 846 times)

Offline Jerry Lundegard

• Powder Benefactor
Council Bluffs this weekend???
« on: December 03, 2016, 01:53:07 PM »
Is that gun show any good?

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Council Bluffs this weekend???
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 02:17:23 PM »
Is that gun show any good?

Just got back.

Entrance fee is $7; weekend fee is $10.   Kinda pricey for what you see.

Folks with the big Ruger setup in the middle had the best display w/generally reasonable prices.  ($410 for a Ruger LCR in .22LR, Ruger .380LCP for $199, if that's what you want.)   

Lotta black rifles and accessories everywhere.

A great deal of peripheral (WWII gear, BDUs, knives.   Lotsa knives.) and non-gun items (Psst...wanna buy a watch?   Here's a table full).

BIG paper target display.   (However, TargetsOnLine, an Omaha company, has better quality targets at nice, low prices.)

Big live compound bow shooting range w/many 3-D animal targets, if that's what you do.

Not too much pushing and shoving from crowds.   (Bigger percent attendance than Millard Gun Show last week, however.)

Except for the Ruger display, gun prices were generally pricey.   If you want good (ie, low) gun prices, just go to our own DEGUNS folks in Lincoln, watch for their Specials, and then put your money down.   DEGUNS is hard to beat for low prices anywhere:  Gun Show, web, Gunbroker.com, Armslist, etc.

I'd say that the CB show was worth 5 Buck$ (vs. the $7 I paid) and a drive from Omaha.   But not worth $7 and a drive from anywhere west of Gretna.

But you can decide for yourself.   Kind of a slow day around my house, anyhow.   And too snowy for any of my outdoor ranges.

FWIW,

sfg

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:45:21 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline 2550sx

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 07:57:19 PM »
Not alot of Ruger's at DEguns

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 08:37:34 PM »
Not alot of Ruger's at DEguns

Lotta Ruger listings.   As it happens, though, most of the DEGUNS Ruger listings are for currently OUT OF STOCK.

I'm looking for a Ruger LCR in .327 Federal Magnum right now
.   DEGUNS price is only $480; everyone else wants $570.    Of course, DEGUNS just happens to also be Out of Stock on the LCR .327FedMag at this particular moment.

And I didn't see a single one at the Pioneer Gun Show in CB this morning.   Anywhere.

The LCR .327FedMag sellers on Gunbroker.com are seriously pricey.   (Maybe deep down in their hearts they don't really want to get rid of their guns.)

And Armslist!!!   The Armlist sellers don't seem to want to ship out of state at all.   (I guess they want the buyers to come up and ring their doorbells.)

sfg
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:43:47 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer