< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Training Opportunities  (Read 1057 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Training Opportunities
« on: December 05, 2016, 04:39:13 PM »
I wasn't sure where else to post this.

I wanted to see who is interested in grassroots training.  I have a couple of things in mind.  First, there is a full day class next Saturday in Lincoln that is focused on how to be effective in pushing your cause.  A few NFOA leaders have been through this training, and it is very good.  I'm not sure the actual cost, but I was told early registration was $25.  If you are interested I can likely lock in the $25 cost.  If you have any interest in this, reach out to me and I can share more details and get you singed up for the reduced rate.

Next, we have some training opportunities from a partner organization.  There is a great grassroots organization than has developed a variety of training classes (short classes, a couple hours in length).  They have asked me if we have members that are interested in these classes.  They are willing to provide the training for our members if there is enough interest.   This is a great opportunity for us to get some training from another group that has shown success working the legislature.

The classes they offer include:  Door to door literature blitz, How to lobby your state senator, and Phone Calling.

These are some actions we need to get more involved in.   To get pressure applied to senators that are on the fence we need members to get involved in calling and door to literature, among other actions.

If you would like to attend any of the above training, chime in here and contact me via PM and we will see about setting up some training sessions.  They are most likely in the Omaha or Lincoln areas, but can travel where there is some interest.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Training Opportunities
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:11:50 PM »
Dec. 10th or 17th?
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 04:16:06 PM »
December 10th

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 04:40:54 PM »
A better description of the class on Saturday:

This is not a class on political philosophy or ideas.  This is practical, no nonsense and tested information on how to be effective in politics. 

This intense one-day training covers:
•The Real Nature of Politics - why just "educating" people alone won't result in change
•The Biggest Lie in Politics - and how the political class uses your convictions against you
•How to work effectively at the Capitol - getting a bill sponsor and a roll call vote despite the leadership
•How to build a group - putting pressure on legislators

All of our instructors have years of experience putting these principles to work in multiple states.  They have worked for the cause of freedom with organizations such as National Right to Work Committee, National Pro-Life Alliance, National Association for Gun Rights, and Campaign for Liberty as well as federal, state and local campaigns, including major presidential campaigns, and successful campaigns for U.S. Senate and Congress.  They know what works, and also what has been proven not to work in getting politicians to vote right.

This class will teach you how to turn your passion into effective action.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 04:57:28 PM »
Time?
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 05:33:29 PM »
9 - 5

Offline Kilroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 09:49:47 AM »
How was it?

I'd be interested in the next iteration of this. Effective lobbying is something the firearms community isn't good at. It's a little disappointing that this didn't attract more interest here.