< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln gun show Jan 28-29  (Read 3270 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Lincoln gun show Jan 28-29
« on: December 19, 2016, 01:55:10 PM »
 The Lincoln gun show is coming. put on by the Rock Creek Renegades, at the Lancaster event center . always a good show, the spring show is usually over twice as many tables as the fall one.   Saturday 9 to 5 , sunday 9 to 4 , $5 to get in. and NO you cant carry at the show, its a city building and they don't allow that , so don't ask
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Lincoln gun show Jan 28-29
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 10:13:20 PM »
The Lancaster Event Center  is owned by the Lancaster County Agricultural Society and is operated as a 501(c)3 by the Board of Directors.... it is not owned by the city of Lincoln.

I have searched the web and I can not find a code of conduct statement or a weapons policy.

I am pretty sure the gun show promoters choose to post the event  (if the site was city owned no posting would be required) to reduce insurance cost. That choice is the reason I no longer attend gun shows that force me to disarm
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 11:21:15 PM »
 The doors are posted.  no weapons,

NRA Endowment member

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 06:15:17 AM »
I am pretty sure the gun show promoters choose to post the event  (if the site was city owned no posting would be required) to reduce insurance cost. That choice is the reason I no longer attend gun shows that force me to disarm

I will concur with your assumption.  My wife has barrel raced for many years out there.  In 2007-08, the buildings WERE posted.  That lasted all of about 1 year.  My contacts there say "carry on", otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:18:40 AM by bullit »

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 08:18:14 AM »
I will concur with your assumption.  My wife has barrel raced for many years out there.  In 2007-08, the buildings WERE posted.  That last all of about 1 year.  My contacts there say "carry on", otherwise.
I worked an event there the same weekend as the last gun show and carried concealed without issue. It wasn't posted either. The gun show did have it posted though. I think that is because of the insurance carrier requirements though, not because of personal preferences.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Wrmedic

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 11:28:15 PM »
Not sure that I can understand the logic or back this decision.  There is a whole section that shows anti gun businesses.  A lot of people say they won't go spend their money at business that post but some gun shows pay money to insurance companies that have them post no concealed carry signs. I understand it is so that some knot head doesn't handle their concealed carry handgun and end up having a neglect discharge. To me that is a lot like business posting no gun signs to prevent violence. Posting a sign to deny Second Ammendment Rights to prevent neglence or illegal actions, how is this different?

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 09:59:36 PM »
Not sure that I can understand the logic or back this decision.  There is a whole section that shows anti gun businesses.  A lot of people say they won't go spend their money at business that post but some gun shows pay money to insurance companies that have them post no concealed carry signs. I understand it is so that some knot head doesn't handle their concealed carry handgun and end up having a neglect discharge. To me that is a lot like business posting no gun signs to prevent violence. Posting a sign to deny Second Ammendment Rights to prevent neglence or illegal actions, how is this different?

The gun show is this weekend.. hope to see you all there, stop by and say hello.. my tables have theNFOA flyers,,

they pay money to the anti gun insurance companies. because they are the only ones who sell insurance for gun shows,,
 NRA Endowment member

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
 was talking with a few people,, they said that they cant find anything  good at the gun shows,,   every post I make about local gun shows,, I always tell people to stop and say hello at my table,, I keep 2 or 3 piles of NFOA flyers on my tables.. and tell everyone to look for them and that's me..  but then they say they cant find my tables..
    If your going thru a show,, and don't see the flyers,, you arnt looking at the tables very well. and are probably missing a lot of good stuff..
    I set up on Friday,, and look around,, then on sat and sun. I walk around some,, even with all that looking around,, I still find things on sunday.. that I hadn't seen fri, or sat,   you gotta look close,, youll find lots of deals,
 NRA Endowment member

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 12:06:53 PM »
I plan on going, problem is I don't go in looking for one thing. By the time I walk through once, my head is spinning with all the possibilities.

For instance, I am thinking about a classic Mossberg bolt action 22, but then I see a new Savage MK II fv-sr all ready to go for a silencer, which I could get the old Mossberg threaded for, but then am I "ruining" a classic that I never plan on selling anyway, and the new savage costs roughly as much as a good condition old gun, etc etc.

Also have a "thing" for High Standard pistols, kicking myself for selling the one I had. But the $$ from that allowed me to fund a new 22/45 LITE that I really like, threaded for silencer, etc....

I just need to win the lottery and my problems will be solved......

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 03:36:06 PM »
I hope to go Sat afternoon.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 09:33:06 PM »
I always tell people to stop and say hello at my table,, I keep 2 or 3 piles of NFOA flyers on my tables.. and tell everyone to look for them and that's me..  but then they say they cant find my tables..

I went to the show. I couldn't find your tables.

I did see lots of people who haven't been to a barber in a couple years wearing home-made leather clothing, so I ticked that box.

Saw some Jimenez and Hi-Point pistols, so I ticked that one too.

This time around I did see a lot more interesting older (but not junk) hunting arms. A couple old 870 wingmasters and Ithaca pumps that were in good condition and very tempiting. And some neat old vintage 22/.410 combo guns. I've always liked those.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 10:06:20 PM »
i saw a guy selling USGI mags for $5 each.  i almost bought a bunch, but remembered i didn't NEED them, so i passed.  i did buy a 50cal can and a PT belt.  PT belt will be used for NV/laser usage.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 10:17:48 PM »
  how can you not find deals? I spent damn near $500 on small stuff . just parts and pieces,,  tend to do that every show,, prices are good enough I sell the stuff at the next show
 NRA Endowment member

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 12:25:49 AM »
i saw a guy selling USGI mags for $5 each.  i almost bought a bunch, but remembered i didn't NEED them, so i passed.  i did buy a 50cal can and a PT belt.  PT belt will be used for NV/laser usage.

a lot of guys are dumping stuff they bought before the election, expecting to get a big return if hiltery won,, now they are stuck with a lot of stuff..
 NRA Endowment member

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 05:44:40 PM »
To be fair Bob, the two times I walked past your table you were snoozing.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 06:28:12 PM »
To be fair Bob, the two times I walked past your table you were snoozing.
Lol, busted?

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 06:37:26 PM »
Lol, busted?

its true!  i woke him up once.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 06:54:27 PM »
its true!  i woke him up once.

what? you expect  me to stay awake the whole 8 hours?   at least I was there!!
 NRA Endowment member

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 08:27:54 AM »
Wonder when Bob was nappn' people took free samples.

Offline bluebird

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 09:37:15 PM »
I went. Saw some NFOA fliers on a table and met Bob.

Fellows from the Nebraska Gun Owners had a table. They were collecting signatures for LB68 (preemption) and the constitution carry bills.