< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Officer sues Wal-Mart for firing him for carrying gun while working as police...  (Read 642 times)

Offline jmsgt

• NFOA Full Member
Link: http://wreg.com/2017/01/17/officer-sues-wal-mart-for-firing-him-for-carrying-gun-while-working-as-police-officer/

Excerpt:

A Pennsylvania police officer is suing Wal-Mart after he says he was fired for carrying his police-issued gun while in the store.

While in uniform and on-duty, Michael Zuby said he stopped by the Wal-Mart store where he was employed to grab some lunch.

Zuby, who worked as security at the store, was told by his boss he had to take his gun out of the store.

Zuby explained he was required by law to carry the gun while on-duty as an officer.

According to the lawsuit, store managers told the police department not to send Zuby to the store if police were called.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
 this is just going way to far.. WTF?   he was ON DUTY.. didn't they see the video a week ago or so,, where 2 cops had a shoot out with a thug in the entryway of a store.( I think it was a walmart)  the anti gun liberals are just getting way out of hand,, to refuse to let a on duty officer carry in a store is beyond stupid..
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
i hope the dude gets millions from suing Walmart in this suit ! it is so stupid that with all the places that have popped up kicking uniformed officer out of a restaurants etc and all those that say they will boycott etc and this is still going on ..he was not on Walmart time clock and in uniform he should not of been kicked out , fired from Walmart nor should of the manager called the police station and said don't have him respond to any calls here .. the manager should be the one getting fired!

i was at Walmart out on 170  and maple a month ago i did not see any no guns signs . so they must have an employee hand book rule i guess?   i am getting to the mind set that even if a sign is posted we should carry any ways or never shop at a store that has it no guns posted .don't take your gun back to your car go find another place to shop!!  too many nut cases and liberal wackos running around.  none of these places have armed security and have no way to protect the public.  so it falls on us to protect our selves. bit too hard to do when your gun is in a locked car 50 yards away.
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Wished I could say that's surprising, but sadly no.   :'(

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
i hope the dude gets millions from suing Walmart in this suit ! it is so stupid that with all the places that have popped up kicking uniformed officer out of a restaurants etc and all those that say they will boycott etc and this is still going on ..he was not on Walmart time clock and in uniform he should not of been kicked out , fired from Walmart nor should of the manager called the police station and said don't have him respond to any calls here .. the manager should be the one getting fired!

i was at Walmart out on 170  and maple a month ago i did not see any no guns signs . so they must have an employee hand book rule i guess?   i am getting to the mind set that even if a sign is posted we should carry any ways or never shop at a store that has it no guns posted .don't take your gun back to your car go find another place to shop!!  too many nut cases and liberal wackos running around.  none of these places have armed security and have no way to protect the public.  so it falls on us to protect our selves. bit too hard to do when your gun is in a locked car 50 yards away.
I have a feeling that the manager is going to be replaced over this. The article said that the management had asked that the officer not be sent to the store if the police are called there and that the officer was offered a position at another store which indicates to me an issue with the manager.

As far as the rules for Wal-Mart, my old employer was not posted, but it clearly called out that employees could not carry onto company property.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
   i am getting to the mind set that even if a sign is posted we should carry any ways
Advocating breaking the law on this forum ... Your statements in recent posts make us all look bad
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Advocating breaking the law on this forum ... Your statements in recent posts make us all look bad

it states i am getting to that point ... not that i am all ready to that point. recent events prove we are not safe any place . it all so states that we should "never shop at a store that has it no guns posted .don't take your gun back to your car go find another place to shop!" i think a store posted with a no gun sign should never get biz as they don't provide security , and as it's posted you can't defend your self against the ones we all know will not turn around at a posted door... that little sign does not make any of us all bullet proof , now does it .. the point i was trying to make is we should have the right to defend our selves 24/7 not just 22 hrs in the day because we went shopping some place posted for 2 hrs. so we either carry 24/7 or never shop at a store posted. that is if we want the right to defend our selves. i for one never shop at a posted store.

I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
it states i am getting to that point ... not that i am all ready to that point.

If you get there I strongly recommend you keep it to yourself
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.