< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: YOTE'S GONNA GET SOME (I hope)  (Read 1322 times)

A-FIXER

YOTE'S GONNA GET SOME (I hope)
« on: January 06, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
Last 5 night at my boy's place has some yotes baying out behind his place and with some luck going to bait with dead rabbits and entrails anyone has any suggestions going to use an ar- w/reddot sights, but I'm open to any help going to try fri night and sat/sun....No I have not gone back to cabelas yet to pickup the savage hunter predator nuts......
Thanks ahead of time

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: YOTE'S GONNA GET SOME (I hope)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:45:57 PM »
A-FIXER.............

Coupla modest suggestions for your consideration:

-Might be a good idea to take along a coupla calls.  Reed-type rabbit squeals, close-in squeakers, whatever.   And even if you don't, you can still "smooch" them in with your lips (like calling your dog), provided you don't do it too loud nor too long.  Just a little mouse squeak w/your lips.  I've used it a couple of times to good effect when out in the woods, saw coyotes, and didn't have a call.

-When your wife is not around, you might want to snitch a white sheet off the bed for cover.  [Dirty gray sheets won't work as well; too much human scent.]   Anyhow, with all this snow, the white cover will work in your favor.   Probably better than Mossy Oak, in this Season of the Deep Snows.

Finally, I really envy you.   Just bought a brand-new Marlin XL-7 in .30-06 at Guns A-Plenty, primarily for coyotes, deer, antelope.   [Don't snicker.   That Marlin out of the box will give Remingtons, Winchesters, and Brownings a good run for the money in the accuracy department.   Needs to be sighted-in and otherwise fine-tuned.]

However, there has been just too much snow to get out.   Anywhere.  All the side roads are choked up.   You can't even see the roads; just a vast expanse of unmarked snow.   The bar ditches are five feet deep in snow drift and just waiting to eat up 4-wheelers when you miss the road.

Couldn't even get out for the Late Rifle season that's going on now.

All this and the Gun Grabbers have a majority in both houses.

Good luck and Good Shootin'.

SFG

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:32:57 PM »
SemperFi, Thanks for the ideas me and my son are going up to cabelas tomorrow and pickup a call for them and the sheet Idea is a good one we have some older white sheets we put on the picnic tables when we have family come over and I'll wrap them around parts of my cold gear mossy oak stuff and will check some of them low cost covers they sell at cabelas when we go tomorrow were going to put up the treestand and hopefully get some. If all goes well I post the results if the weather lets up a tad...

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »
Another option would be to try a automotive paint supply house for a set of white tyvek coveralls that are commonly worn by auto painters.  
Not sure how much they run, but it's pretty durable stuff.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.