< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Introduction to Handguns - Beginners course  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
Introduction to Handguns - Beginners course
« on: February 19, 2017, 07:11:25 PM »
Registration is still open and a few spots remain in the Basic Pistol classes I will be co-teaching with Kristin on Saturday, February 25 and Saturday, March 25 at The Marksman Indoor Shooting Range. Message me for the link to register or for more details.
This is a class intended for those who are new to shooting or are interested in becoming involved in shooting pistols, either semi-auto or revolver.
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: Introduction to Handguns - Beginners course
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 08:08:19 PM »
Link for this class?
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 06:58:54 PM »
Class Information:
Cost: 
*$100 per person, payable at the start of class.  Participants must have either have their own firearm or at minimum a permit to purchase so they may rent one from the Marksman. Rental and ammunition is extra

This cost covers both the classroom and practical sessions and includes the following: 
- breakfast
- snacks, soda, & water
- classroom handouts/materials
- range time & target
- customized training sessions in both the classroom as well as one-on-one range   time with an instructor

Content/Certificates:
This is a non-NRA based curriculum.  The NRA Basic Pistol Class is certainly an option for anyone who is seeking the NRA Certificate for course completion. This course will, however, require you to complete the classroom training online over a 10 hour course as well as a practical session with an NRA Certified Instructor such as Patricia or Kristin. If you would prefer to take the NRA Basic Pistol class instead of this Basic Pistol class we are currently offering, please contact us and we will discuss our options for offering that class to you. 

We have 2 scheduled sessions you can choose from Feb 25 or Mar 25.

Class Time/Lunch/Etc:
Class will begin at 9:00 am in the classroom at The Marksman Indoor Shooting Range in Waterloo, NE. 
Lunch is not included in the price of the class, however we encourage you to join us at The Fire Barn next door for an extended lunch (12:00-1:30) that will include a few short activities, games, and prizes! 

Required Materials:
Please bring the following to the classroom session:
1. NO Firearms! This is a COLD classroom, meaning there will be no live ammunition or student firearms allowed inside the classroom. If you bring your own firearm for the range time, please secure appropriately outside the classroom
2. Pen/Pencil and highlighter
3. $ for lunch

Please bring the following to the practical/range session: 
1. Your pistol (rentals available) 
2. 50 rounds of factory ammunition appropriate for your gun (NO RELOADS)
3. Eye & Ear Protection (rentals available)
If you wish to accomplish the range time immediately after class, please email me at patriciaharrold@gmail.com  or we can schedule on a date and time convenient for you.

Please note that pistols, eyes and ears can be rented from The Marksman at your own cost. 
Pistol Rental: $15 (You are required to use ammunition purchased at The Marksman when using a gun rented from The Marksman.) 
Eye Rental: $2
Ear Rental: $2

Capacity/Registration:
Classroom Sessions have a capacity of 16, so be sure to register for your preferred date ASAP using the links listed in the next section. 

Schedule of Upcoming Classes
Basic Pistol Class
Saturday, February 25th @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm - Classroom Session 
Various times - Practical Session - signup during Classroom Session 
Registration Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/basic-pistol-class-tickets-30931741672

Basic Pistol Class
Saturday, March 25th @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm - Classroom Session
Various times - Practical Session - signup during Classroom Session
Registration Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/basic-pistol-class-tickets-30933858002

**Please note that the links to register for the class indicate that it is a "free" ticket. We did this in order to save you processing fees. Please submit payment to your instructors at the start of class.

Prior to attending class, please follow the link below and take two minutes to complete our survey to help us best prepare your classroom experience! 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BZXMQYY
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 08:20:03 AM »
Thank you! I passed this on to a friend's wife as well as links for The Well Armed Woman.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan