< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 4th Circuit Court of Appeals rules "Assault Weapons" not covered by 2A  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
The wonderful world of our liberal 4th Circuit Court of Appeals just proved that they really have NO idea about firearms as what they termed "Assault Weapons" are not covered by the Second Amendment of the US Constitution. Unfortunately, this is the term they are using for anything not a bolt action, single shot rifle.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/assault-weapons-not-protected-second-amendment-federal-appeals-court-rules-n724106

The Huff Post took a totally different approach to the ruling:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/machine-guns-second-amendment-ruling_us_57769b2ee4b09b4c43c03f30

They are just comical.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline jmsgt

• NFOA Full Member
I thought assault weapons were already banned cause they're machine guns?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member

There is no outright ban on machine guns.....

The registry was closed in 1986, so no NEW machine guns have entered the commerce stream, but there are still thousands of transferables....

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member

Lol, hope your tongue is pressed firmly in your cheek. 

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: 4th Circuit Court of Appeals rules "Assault Weapons" not covered by 2A
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 06:43:53 PM »
The wonderful world of our liberal 4th Circuit Court of Appeals just proved that they really have NO idea about firearms as what they termed "Assault Weapons" are not covered by the Second Amendment of the US Constitution. Unfortunately, this is the term they are using for anything not a bolt action, single shot rifle.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/assault-weapons-not-protected-second-amendment-federal-appeals-court-rules-n724106

The Huff Post took a totally different approach to the ruling:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/machine-guns-second-amendment-ruling_us_57769b2ee4b09b4c43c03f30

They are just comical.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Saw that earlier, funny stuff......"weapons of war" 

Offline jmsgt

• NFOA Full Member
Lol, hope your tongue is pressed firmly in your cheek.
Absolutely. I think this is one of the cases where assault means "black and scary looking" and not select fire.

Since I can squeeze 11 rds in my SCCY 10rd magazine does that mean my compact 9mm has a "high capacity magazine"?

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 08:53:36 PM »
Assault weapon is a slogan used by liars to manipulate fools.  Based on usage, what it refers to is 20th Century arms (or more accurately, post-19th Century arms), because laws against so-called assault weapons outlaw arms, as opposed to so-called sporting guns, and only arms that are characteristic of post 19th Century designs; pre-20th Century arms remain legal (for now anyway); these include bolt and lever action, single shot, revolvers, and of course the famous Joe Biden double barrel.  If the true name was used and the truth was told, there would be little public support for these laws, except among the most heavily-indoctrinated liberal cattle.

What the sporting use concept says is that there is some kind of vague right or privilege or something to have guns, but only if their purpose is trivial, since sport by definition is something done just for fun.  So there is some privilege to have dangerous toys, but there is no right to have the means to defend yourself, your family, your community, and your country (unless you work for the government). 

This is an absurd concept, but it is widely used in the selling of these laws, and one of the criteria being used to distinguish between what are legal guns and what are illegal “assault weapons” is the guns’ status as arms instead of toys.  This is an especially egregious assault on the right to keep and bear arms, since it is arms that are specifically referred to in the 2nd Amendment, while being arms is one of the reasons for them being outlawed. 

The concept can be stated succinctly like this: there is a right to keep and bear arms, but only as long as what you keep and bear are not arms.  A only if not A.  This is a logical impossibility.  It might be the stupidest argument ever presented in human history. Its widespread acceptance among liberal cattle shows the power of the liberal propaganda machines.

God help us if this kind of absurdity can override the Constitution.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Nebfamman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 08:20:25 AM »
Assault weapon is a slogan used by liars to manipulate fools.  Based on usage, what it refers to is 20th Century arms (or more accurately, post-19th Century arms), because laws against so-called assault weapons outlaw arms, as opposed to so-called sporting guns, and only arms that are characteristic of post 19th Century designs; pre-20th Century arms remain legal (for now anyway); these include bolt and lever action, single shot, revolvers, and of course the famous Joe Biden double barrel.  If the true name was used and the truth was told, there would be little public support for these laws, except among the most heavily-indoctrinated liberal cattle.

What the sporting use concept says is that there is some kind of vague right or privilege or something to have guns, but only if their purpose is trivial, since sport by definition is something done just for fun.  So there is some privilege to have dangerous toys, but there is no right to have the means to defend yourself, your family, your community, and your country (unless you work for the government). 

This is an absurd concept, but it is widely used in the selling of these laws, and one of the criteria being used to distinguish between what are legal guns and what are illegal “assault weapons” is the guns’ status as arms instead of toys.  This is an especially egregious assault on the right to keep and bear arms, since it is arms that are specifically referred to in the 2nd Amendment, while being arms is one of the reasons for them being outlawed. 

The concept can be stated succinctly like this: there is a right to keep and bear arms, but only as long as what you keep and bear are not arms.  A only if not A.  This is a logical impossibility.  It might be the stupidest argument ever presented in human history. Its widespread acceptance among liberal cattle shows the power of the liberal propaganda machines.

God help us if this kind of absurdity can override the Constitution.

WELL SAID SIR!