< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Glock 19/NY1/3.5 Connector  (Read 837 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Glock 19/NY1/3.5 Connector
« on: February 23, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »
Well,  it was a good day to work in the man cave so I clamped the G19 in a vice, put the Glock bit in the Dremel and installed the NY1 spring/Glock "-" (3.5) connector in it.  It was a rough 7 minute job. 

I kind of like it so far, but haven't actually fired the combo yet.  Someday I might carry this thing but finding holsters for Glocks is so difficult!  Nobody makes them!   ::)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Glock 19/NY1/3.5 Connector
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:14:12 PM »
I don't recall exactly what sucked the worst, but I hated that trigger setup
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:41:54 AM »
I don't recall exactly what sucked the worst, but I hated that trigger setup

All I've got to compare it against is a Gen4 17 which has had nothing done to it other than new sights.  The 19 w/the NY1 feels smoother.  Pull weight is a tad heavier.  Of course, I've done a 0.13 polish job on the 19.  Can't afford the full blown 0.25 polish job. Maybe someday.  :)

And both triggers feel like I'm dealing with a Daisy Red Ryder. :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:52:05 AM by Lorimor »
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Nebfamman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 05:04:10 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:34:14 PM by Nebfamman »

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 06:28:48 PM »
Just did a .25 cent trigger job and put in the "-" connector and the NY-1 spring and while I was at it I also replaced the trigger and trigger bar with a gen 4 G17 smooth trigger.
   I couldn't be happier with this set up. After years ( years ago) shooting DA/SA and DAO autoS this was exactly what this gun needed. Really smoothed it out and got rid all that spongy take up.
   I know lots of folks don't like it but this is the only way I'll ever own a GLOCK again. Matter of fact just ordered a BFG G19 and I'll be ordering the trigger parts now so they will be here when the pistol arrives.