< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: SnowBall Express Charity Pistol Match; May 20 &21  (Read 4063 times)

Offline Ogre

• Post approval required
SnowBall Express Charity Pistol Match; May 20 &21
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:48:47 PM »
Hi all,

On May 20th and 21st of this year, the Omaha Police Department Marksmanship Team and the Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters will be putting on the 2017 SnowBall Express Charity Match at the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club in Louisville, NE.  The goal of the match is to raise money and awareness for the SnowBall Express Charity.  The SnowBall Express is a Charity dedicated to serving the children of our veterans that didn't return from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.  All net proceeds from the match will be donated to this charity.

This year, the match will be 7 stages that are examples of several types of competitive pistol events available at this particular range.  There will be 3 USPSA stages, 2 Steel Challenge Stages and 2 Pro Am stages.  Because of the anticipated size of the match and the types of shooters we are expecting, we are keeping the match VERY beginner friendly.  You can choose to shoot the match Saturday OR Sunday

The cost to shoot the match is $25 which also includes a hot lunch.  There will only be 3 divisions (Limited, Open, and Pistol Caliber Carbine).  The match has officially been announced for approximately 2 weeks.  In that time, we've had an enormous response from sponsors who have already donated merchandise totaling of more than $1,500.  We're expecting much more.

For more information, and pictures of merchandise donated so far, please stop by and look on our Facebook Page (I would really appreciate a "Like" and even a "Share"  :D

https://www.facebook.com/SnowBallMatch/

If you'd like to go ahead and register for the match, you can do so through practiscore here:

https://practiscore.com/enps-may-2017-snowball-express-charity-match/register

Thanks to everybody beforehand.  I will do my best to keep this thread updated!

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Re: SnowBall Express Charity Pistol Match; May 20 &21
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »
Are you doing a prize table? If so I would be willing to throw some holster gear in.  Who do I contact?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline cz75shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:26:26 PM »
Does "beginner friendly" include someone who has never done any shooting of this type? I can work safely from a holster, but I've only ever shot paper.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 05:38:52 PM »
Does "beginner friendly" include someone who has never done any shooting of this type? I can work safely from a holster, but I've only ever shot paper.
In my experience these matches are very accessible for new shooters of all levels.  The goal is to go out and have fun and raise money for kids. You won't be asked to do anything to crazy. Worse case would be shoot off of a wobble bridge or maybe around some cover.  Safety is always a focus and the ROs do a great job of keeping everyone focused on it

Offline cz75shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 06:49:53 PM »
Well, I signed up. Also downloaded a shot timer app for my iPhone and did some dryfire practice from a holster today. I'm...not very fast.  :)

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »
Well, I signed up. Also downloaded a shot timer app for my iPhone and did some dryfire practice from a holster today. I'm...not very fast.  :)
Keep practicing you will get faster.  Also you could be fast on the draw but miss your first shot and it really doesn't matter how fast it was!

Offline Ogre

• Post approval required
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 12:05:12 PM »
Sorry it's taken so long to reply.  Yes, it will be VERY beginner friendly.  I will also be extending an invitation to the local chapter of the well armed woman soon as I feel it will be a fantastic beginner "big" match.  Match contributors so far include nine line apparel, Linc-Dex Gear (Ty tstuart) black rifle coffee company, cylinder and slide, grunt style, hornady, Sierra bullets, Daniel Defense, Tactical Tailor, starline brass, and more. Its also rumored a custom rifle shop in iowa may become the match sponsor, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 11:15:49 PM »
Sorry it's taken so long to reply.  Yes, it will be VERY beginner friendly.  I will also be extending an invitation to the local chapter of the well armed woman soon as I feel it will be a fantastic beginner "big" match.  Match contributors so far include nine line apparel, Linc-Dex Gear (Ty tstuart) black rifle coffee company, cylinder and slide, grunt style, hornady, Sierra bullets, Daniel Defense, Tactical Tailor, starline brass, and more. Its also rumored a custom rifle shop in iowa may become the match sponsor, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.
I'm excited about this.  I got some new rolling in I have been wanting and ordered some more.

What are mag limits?

Offline Ogre

• Post approval required
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 03:48:05 PM »
I would suggest bringing 5 magazines, but there won't be a restriction on how many rounds you can put in each.  We talked about limiting the number of rounds to 10 per mag, but because of the different types of events, we decided "Load them up" would be the easiest (And most fun).

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 01:08:24 AM »
I would suggest bringing 5 magazines, but there won't be a restriction on how many rounds you can put in each.  We talked about limiting the number of rounds to 10 per mag, but because of the different types of events, we decided "Load them up" would be the easiest (And most fun).
So... 33 rounders are ok or do I have to stick to my 140mm mags :)

Offline Ogre

• Post approval required
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 07:44:36 PM »
You can bring the 33 rounders, but I'd stick with the 140mm ones!  The 33 rounders really mess with the balance of the gun in my experience.

Offline Merl

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »
Hi all,

On May 20th and 21st of this year, the Omaha Police Department Marksmanship Team and the Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters will be putting on the 2017 SnowBall Express Charity Match at the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club in Louisville, NE.  The goal of the match is to raise money and awareness for the SnowBall Express Charity.  The SnowBall Express is a Charity dedicated to serving the children of our veterans that didn't return from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.  All net proceeds from the match will be donated to this charity.

This year, the match will be 7 stages that are examples of several types of competitive pistol events available at this particular range.  There will be 3 USPSA stages, 2 Steel Challenge Stages and 2 Pro Am stages.  Because of the anticipated size of the match and the types of shooters we are expecting, we are keeping the match VERY beginner friendly.  You can choose to shoot the match Saturday OR Sunday

The cost to shoot the match is $25 which also includes a hot lunch.  There will only be 3 divisions (Limited, Open, and Pistol Caliber Carbine).  The match has officially been announced for approximately 2 weeks.  In that time, we've had an enormous response from sponsors who have already donated merchandise totaling of more than $1,500.  We're expecting much more.

For more information, and pictures of merchandise donated so far, please stop by and look on our Facebook Page (I would really appreciate a "Like" and even a "Share"  :D

https://www.facebook.com/SnowBallMatch/

If you'd like to go ahead and register for the match, you can do so through practiscore here:

https://practiscore.com/enps-may-2017-snowball-express-charity-match/register

Thanks to everybody beforehand.  I will do my best to keep this thread updated!

Trish, here is a start for maybe a co sponsored event...worth looking into.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 09:13:36 PM »
You can bring the 33 rounders, but I'd stick with the 140mm ones!  The 33 rounders really mess with the balance of the gun in my experience.
Ok maybe I'll save them for the proams only

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »
Ok maybe I'll save them for the proams only

The proams I've shot limited every shooter to 10, :o, rounds.
Save them for the zombie match :D

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 09:07:51 PM »
The proams I've shot limited every shooter to 10, :o, rounds.
Save them for the zombie match :D
Not sure they will up to the boss man if they limit the proam stages.  I'll have every mag I own available.   

I didn't do a reload at the Zombi shoot.  It was fantastic.  I just made a mag carrier for 33rd Glock mags.   PCC guys get to have all the fun.

Offline Ogre

• Post approval required
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 07:03:52 PM »
We thought about limiting it to 10 rounds for the Pro Am and Steel Challenge Stages, but to keep everything consistent and more beginner friendly, we're letting people load up FULL for each stage.  Less mag changes = more beginner friendly!

Offline Ogre

• Post approval required
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 06:53:34 AM »
As an update, Volquartsen has donated a rifle and Vortex optic worth $1500 to the match.  Linc-Dex Gear will be providing over $500 worth of prizes and also offer his wares for purchase at a significant discount. DC Precision is offering $500 worth of custom gunsmithing and the Omaha Police Officers Association has given almost $1000 to the match. Cylinder and Slide has donated more than $350 worth of merchandise to the prize table, as well.  There are still donations coming in.

At this point, it seems like we will be EASILY giving away $5000 worth of prizes over 2 days.  I feel like this will be the BEST local beginner level event with a lot of Fantastic people in  attendance.

The Linoma Chapter of the Well Armed Woman has been invited and as of right now we have about 50 registered shooters for the match, which is still 2 months away!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 09:50:40 AM »
We thought about limiting it to 10 rounds for the Pro Am and Steel Challenge Stages, but to keep everything consistent and more beginner friendly, we're letting people load up FULL for each stage.  Less mag changes = more beginner friendly!

Which means the PCC guys are ALL SORTS of happy.  :)   Pro-Am with a PCC and unrestricted mag capacity?  EXCELLENT!

This match is going to be a ton of fun, folks---Steel Challenge, USPSA, and Pro-Am are all a blast to shoot, and being able to shoot all three versions in one match is going to make for a ridiculously fun time.  $25 for a good cause, 7 stages, free lunch....plus a serious prize table?

People should also note:  The Prize Table is random draw.  So for those thinking "I won't win, so I won't get anything"---that isn't how it is going to go.

Yes, there will be plaques/trophies for top division finishers.  However, the prize table is random draw, not based on finish.

So....there really isn't ANYTHING bad about this match in terms of how much fun you can expect!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline cz75shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 02:10:26 PM »
So....there really isn't ANYTHING bad about this match in terms of how much fun you can expect!

I'm so excited for this! I went to ENPS's practice match for new shooters a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. I'll be at the Great Plains Steel Challenge in April, and I've been reloading Omaha Gun Club's Facebook page obsessively to try to get a spot in one of their Wednesday night matches. In the meantime, I'm working on the dryfiring and watching matches on YouTube.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 11:06:38 AM »
I'm so excited for this! I went to ENPS's practice match for new shooters a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. I'll be at the Great Plains Steel Challenge in April, and I've been reloading Omaha Gun Club's Facebook page obsessively to try to get a spot in one of their Wednesday night matches. In the meantime, I'm working on the dryfiring and watching matches on YouTube.

Going to come shoot the match at ENGC this Sunday?  6 stages, still only $15!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com