< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: permitless concealed carry in our future?  (Read 2507 times)

Offline brandon7219

• Forum Member
permitless concealed carry in our future?
« on: May 02, 2017, 05:15:52 PM »
Sorry if this was posted before, i didnt see it anywhere in this part of the forum.  What do I/we need to do to get our voices heard about this?  Contact our congressmen?  Send an email to Don Bacon?

"Nebraska Gun Rights Advocates Push to Carry Without a Permit"
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/nebraska/articles/2017-03-23/nebraska-gun-rights-advocates-push-to-carry-without-a-permit

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: permitless concealed carry in our future?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »
sign up to be a Full Member of the NFOA and you get several more sub forums unlocked, including our discussion on this bill.  if you need help, let us know.

Since Bacon is a Federal representative, i doubt he'd have much pull.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 08:02:45 PM »
sign up to be a Full Member of the NFOA and you get several more sub forums unlocked, including our discussion on this bill.  if you need help, let us know.

Since Bacon is a Federal representative, i doubt he'd have much pull.
If you register as a member of the NFOA you will get access to the Members only section of the forums. There you will see more information on the legislation we are watching and help determine the direction we should take regarding that legislation. You will also see classified ads, discussions on products and other topics that are not visible to the general public.
You can register, at no cost, for the NFOA here: https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/join-nfoa/

Once you have registered please be sure to notify DanW, myself, or the Admin so we can make sure you have the access you deserve.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 07:09:42 PM »
To answer your first question...  NO unless you move to a free state.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 09:09:31 AM »
As I have pointed out before there are twice as many Republicans as Democrats in our state legislature, but we still have very restrictive (and I would say illegal) gun control laws in our state.  We even have a provision in our state Constitution, placed there years ago by voter initiative, that says this:

"All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain inherent and inalienable rights; among these are life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and the right to keep and bear arms for security or defense of self, family, home, and others, and for lawful common defense, hunting, recreational use, and all other lawful purposes, and such rights shall not be denied or infringed by the state or any subdivision thereof."

And of course we all know what the federal Constitution says about the matter.  I think the words "keep and bear arms" [emphasis mine] and "shall not be infringed" are pretty clear. 

I don't know what good any new law would do when those who make our laws don't obey the law we already have.  What we need is to elect lawmakers who obey the law, and who will appoint and approve of judges who will uphold the law.  That's the critical path to restoring our Constitutional and God-given right to be armed.

The Democrats have long proven to be an enemy of the law and there is nothing we can do to change that.
 But Republicans have traditionally been defenders of the law.  Since the Republican majority in our state has shown little interest in using its superior numbers to uphold the law, the critical path to restoring freedom to our state would seem to be for patriots to get involved in the Republican nomination process.  If voters are willing to vote for Republicans, they should be given real Republicans to vote for instead of the gutless RINOs serving in our legislature (this is not referring to all the Republicans in our legislature by the way; there are patriots among them, just not enough; it is only referring to those who are gutless RINOs, as proven by their lack of interest in maintaining the freedom that is supposed to be protected by both state and federal law).

One problem with this, as someone pointed out awhile back when this topic came up, is that it is not uncommon for a politician to claim to be a patriot in order to get elected but then once in turn around and legislate as a lying, freedom-hating liberal bigot.  These sons of Judas make patriots want to just give up on the political system.  A much better option though is to be as careful as possible in screening those seeking nomination.  And part of that screening should be a clear promise, probably in writing, that the right of citizens to keep and bear arms will be supported to the best of the candidate's ability, and that any restriction on the right that truly is reasonable will not be opposed by groups like the NRA and NFOA.

More important, the political whores who betray those who voted for them should be recalled.  I don't know if there is a provision for this in our state law but if there is we should be using it more and if there isn't we should be working on getting such a provision added.  Nebraska has shown itself to be very good at getting laws changed through voter initiative.  Two political whores who betrayed voters by supporting gun control in Colorado were recalled awhile back, and we should be able to do the same thing in our state.   
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 10:44:15 PM »
We need people who are not afraid of Ernie Chambers.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 11:09:05 PM »
Ive Come to realize that they aren't afraid of him, they adore him.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 06:13:14 PM »
Then they're insane.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:16:42 PM by StuartJ »
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 07:01:33 PM »
Ive Come to realize that they aren't afraid of him, they adore him.
No, not adore, just put up with him and try to ignore. Watch on NET.  They try to ignore him, IMHO  Seems to be the schtick. 

Offline Beagle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 06:42:52 AM »
Ernie chambers certainly isn't the only problem.... A lot of them are tied to the university which is a liberal infestation in my opinion.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 08:39:14 AM »
 Could permitless carry. be done on a federal level? 
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 10:45:46 AM »
Could permitless carry. be done on a federal level?

Yup.   

Could.

And Actually Wuz.

Now this here will totally sound like a Broken Record, but the original permitless carry was called the 2-A.

It was on the Federal Level.

Until the Pecking Away started and the Great Erosion followed.

FWIW,

sfg
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:21:50 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer