< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Mad Ogre's take on NIU shooting  (Read 1334 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Mad Ogre's take on NIU shooting
« on: February 18, 2008, 01:35:44 PM »
Mad Ogre posted his take on the recent shooting at Northern Illinois University....... http://www.madogre.com/News.html   Hie thee hence, and read it!

I agree with him on all but one point, and that is his assertion that if you do away with gun free zones, these atrocities will stop. This idea ignores the fact that there will always be NUTS bent on destruction. If you take away the best target for them, they'll go with the next best target.

On that note, it may not be wise to repeat the mantra "These things don't happen at gun ranges or NRA meetings." , lest some anti-gun zealot lose a screw and come to an IDPA shoot and turn his gun on the spectators. Something to think about.......

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:37:42 PM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Mad Ogre's take on NIU shooting
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:06:12 AM »
I was thinking about this last night at the shoot...... noting how many people I had not seen there before (we had 28 shooters). One guy in particular ......... he carried a shooting bag with him, did not shoot- just stood at the back wall and watched. Didn't talk to anyone. I'm looking around, and there's like 2 dozen gun guys in a room with 1 exit. They all have guns, but not a single one is loaded. Most of them have their score cards rolled up in their mab wells......... maybe I'm paranoid, but maybe it's a good thing not to be in Condition White. What say YOU?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.